Search the forum,

Discuss Grind down tiles to get rid of lip page? in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

A

Amir Patwa

It is very easy to rectify the problem. Grind (sand wrong terminology ) the floor , repolish and seal! A pretty good earner and the customer will be happy. We have a list of people who will be happy to do the job. Let me know the area of the country and I will put you in touch

C

Concrete guy

It is very easy to rectify the problem. Grind (sand wrong terminology ) the floor , repolish and seal! A pretty good earner and the customer will be happy. We have a list of people who will be happy to do the job. Let me know the area of the country and I will put you in touch

And these people can do this with man made quartz?

This isn't a natural stone floor.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
There is no difference to the structure and composition between natural and man made stone
Less of the pushing of courses. While they're free, we realise you sell to these on the course and afterwards. So it's just like any other manufacturer or supplier-led course in that sense. And we don't allow the forum to be used commercially by companies who are ONLY here to gain sales.

Please ensure you read the forum rules. tilersforums.com Tiling Forum Rules

We're very relaxed with firms being on here who don't mind chipping in providing advice. But if somebody's here just to make money out of the members then they wont last.

A

Amir Patwa

Less of the pushing of courses. While they're free, we realise you sell to these on the course and afterwards. So it's just like any other manufacturer or supplier-led course in that sense. And we don't allow the forum to be used commercially by companies who are ONLY here to gain sales.

Please ensure you read the forum rules. tilersforums.com Tiling Forum Rules

We're very relaxed with firms being on here who don't mind chipping in providing advice. But if somebody's here just to make money out of the members then they wont last.
Dan this is not a selling pitch. Some one inquired if the quartz stone can be polished! I do not make Any money from the course it is free! For the benefit of the forum members

C

Concrete guy

NO PROBLEM,,! New Image Stone the LARGEST STONE FABRICATORS DO IT DAY IN DAY OUT.

I just phoned New Image and asked them if they could repolish this product as I've yet to come across a company that can surface grind and refinish Man made quartz with resin content back to factory finish.

They said it's highly unlikely they would be able to solve the issue with this floor. Even if they could it would probably be more economical to pull it up and start again.

Plus it's only really viable if the product is 20mm thick to start with, which it probably isn't as most of these tiles are 10mm to 12mm thick.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Dan this is not a selling pitch. Some one inquired if the quartz stone can be polished! I do not make Any money from the course it is free! For the benefit of the forum members
Amir,

Free courses where the supplier of the course also supplies machinery those very 'trainees' will need to use when they finish the course. We're not silly sausages on here you know :)

Less of the pushing of the courses, whether free or not, as I hate spending time moderating people aiming to make a few quid. I'd much rather spend time moderating genuine members who have posted in the wrong forum or want to upload some pictures of tiles or something.

Last chance matey that one was.

O

Old Mod

I just phoned New Image and asked them if they could repolish this product as I've yet to come across a company that can surface grind and refinish Man made quartz with resin content back to factory finish.

They said it's highly unlikely they would be able to solve the issue with this floor. Even if they could it would probably be more economical to pull it up and start again.

Plus it's only really viable if the product is 20mm thick to start with, which it probably isn't as most of these tiles are 10mm to 12mm thick.

Marble Shine are of the same opinion!

C

Concrete guy

LOL Amir just phoned me posing as a buyer of diamond pads for Klindex machines.

You are an odd chap Amir. Don't get upset when the people you recommend even say they wouldn't recommend this is attempted.

Reply to Grind down tiles to get rid of lip page? in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen