Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Which wet cutter to buy? in the Tile Cutters area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

B

Blunt Tool

I had an nd 200 and then got nd 180 the proper one not bl or anything like that because I had a bridge saw for larger tiles
Have you ever tried the little Bricollina? Best small wet saw for around the same money as the nd180 and the cleanest of them all imo

G

GoneGuy

Brilliant. I have a cordless grinder. I’m thinking about getting a variable one to use for polishing. Do variable speed grinders offer any advantage when cutting? Do diffent tiles cut better at different speeds? What are the speed settings on that bosch? :grinning:
Off top my head I think it’s around 3,00-1100. Comes in handy when polishing and cleaning cuts. I was using different blades at different speeds to get good cuts on the marble.

I

Italy

Brilliant. I have a cordless grinder. I’m thinking about getting a variable one to use for polishing. Do variable speed grinders offer any advantage when cutting? YES Do diffent tiles cut better at different speeds?YES What are the speed settings on that bosch? :grinning:
a lower speed, avoids overheating of the blade.
you will have a slower but continuous cut.
in any case, each tile is different from the other,
using it, you can understand better
:)

W

Waluigi

I do have a variable grinder/polisher but for cutting I use a standard cordless grinder for virtually all cuts I do.

W

Waluigi

I just use a Bosch 18v Grinder.

I used a combination of blades- Montolit CGX and various Chinese blades. I don’t alter the speed depending on what I’m cutting. I use a grinder.

Some of the cheaper blades I now use mean that the Montolit have priced themselves out of the market for me. On cutting blades anyway. I’d buy another STL blade as I find it really good.

W

Waluigi

Speaking of blades, these just fell onto my doorstep as I typed!

Thanks @ATSDiamondTools for the test blades. I’ll be sure to report back.

D6853780-08FC-4780-8C7F-D0023BDB7369.jpeg

Reply to Which wet cutter to buy? in the Tile Cutters area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Apatel
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks