Discuss Took the plunge , New Sigma 3DM Tile Cutter in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

S

Sigma UK

It's true. I couldn't cut a tile the first time i had a go. I was looking for the scoring wheel thinking where is my line!. Then you muck around with it a bit and before you know it your cutting through everything. You can although its not a great cut chop up gulfstone on one if you need to. We also only do three types of scoring wheel which is the standard tungsten carbide, MAX wheel on bearings and a Titanium wheel for longer life. Most tiler have told me they last well over a year or more.

G

Gazzer

Yeah I am getting about a year before changing. Just bought a 2nd hand Sigma which came with 44 spare wheels all new !!! not sure if they are genuine though.

S

Sigma UK

44 wheels!! your not going to need any for some time mate. They should be stamped sigma on the side with a number if there real and come in clear blister type pack with sigma logo's on it.

G

Gazzer

44 wheels!! your not going to need any for some time mate. They should be stamped sigma on the side with a number if there real and come in clear blister type pack with sigma logo's on it.

Nah these came in a random box but saying that in the past I have bought from Ebay and they were just taped to a card....and they have lasted as long as the originals.

S

Sigma UK

Yes, you need a 14T 12mm wheel. it's meant to be good for at least 1500-2000sqm of porcelain.

G

Gazzer

I will treat myself then when I find anyone in my area that stocks them or if I am passing somewhere that does.....gotta look after my babies.:smilewinkgrin:

W

White Room

It's true. I couldn't cut a tile the first time i had a go. I was looking for the scoring wheel thinking where is my line!. Then you muck around with it a bit and before you know it your cutting through everything. You can although its not a great cut chop up gulfstone on one if you need to. We also only do three types of scoring wheel which is the standard tungsten carbide, MAX wheel on bearings and a Titanium wheel for longer life. Most tiler have told me they last well over a year or more.

Does the max wheel only fit the max or can it be used on the klick klock handle, just bought a cutter with the max and tried on a ceramic as it was all I had to hand at the time....sooooooooooooooooo smooth:drool5:

S

Sigma UK

It only fits the MAX handle yes. I think the bore size is slightly larger. It does cut really nice though. you don't need to much pressure for sure. :thumbsup:

W

White Room

Got the link from your website for suppliers, Decor tiles in Watford....the flip down was strange at first but what a cutter 3BK max:thumbsup:

S

Sigma UK

Ha! it was you then. Steve at Deco'r tiles called me today and said are you on a forum Del? a tiler purchased a cutter and mentioned the forum. Well done for that. Steve is really nice guy and always looks after his customers. He can get anything you want from Sigma.

D

DHTiling

Ha! it was you then. Steve at Deco'r tiles called me today and said are you on a forum Del? a tiler purchased a cutter and mentioned the forum. Well done for that. Steve is really nice guy and always looks after his customers. He can get anything you want from Sigma.

Sounds like a great guy, got a link for a looksie.

S

Sigma UK

think its www.decortiles.co.uk. he's not got the cutters on the site but he has plenty. He even has some Montys inside. Keep asking them for a trade day but no joy yet. Want to get the big goerge grill out.

Reply to Took the plunge , New Sigma 3DM Tile Cutter in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawz84
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks