Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Took the plunge , New Sigma 3DM Tile Cutter in the Tiling News; Tile News area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Please checkout the following advertisement.
After searching around for prices and trying various cutters, Sigma, Montolit and Rubi I decided I needed a cutter capable of 900mm tiles. All good cutters IMO but I decided to stay with what I know best so a new Sigma 3DM is on its way to me.
I will do a review when I get the chance.........guaranteed I will be fixing 150mm Vitra white for next 6 months now :lol:

Andy Tiler

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Is there anybody in the warrington area that uses sigma manual cutters I'm after one to replace my ts 60 plus but would like to test one out first as I also like the look of the rubi ti-t 66s.:smilewinkgrin:

Hi ishi69 I've got a ti66s for sale if u want it?make me an offer.ive also got a sigma but I ain't sellin that.....lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
G

Gazzer

Different beast altogether!much prefer the pull action sigma.ive got two now and a sigma 9m1 ;)

At the moment I too prefer the pull as opposed to the New Max which is a push cutter but then I have used the pull cutters longer.

ishi69

TF
Reaction score
Hi Andy thats my mind made up then, sigma it is for me. Sorry mate you obviosly dont think much of the Rubi if your gettin rid.

Andy Tiler

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Hi Andy thats my mind made up then, sigma it is for me. Sorry mate you obviosly dont think much of the Rubi if your gettin rid.

You won't go wrong with a sigma mate just takes a little bit of gettin used to...

OP
S

Sigma UK

The MAX has been around for a while now. It seems the further North you go the more they use the score backwards handle. Down South its mainly MAX handle with Klick Klock. I think its because Sigma has always been popular in the North and Ireland hence the reason most people have the traditional handle where as the South is catching on to the cutters now and go for the push score MAX handle. (because they are used to other cutters) they all work just as well as each other but the MAX i have to say has the edge slightly being 1200kg. the Klick Klock 1050kg and the scribe backwards is 1050kg. scoring wheel for the MAX is not the same as the other handles. It is set around bearings for a smoother score.

OP
G

Gazzer

You won't go wrong with a sigma mate just takes a little bit of gettin used to...

People who try a Sigma after using Rubis etc really do need to give it a fair go. It didnt take me too long but I didnt have any other cutter at that time so I had to make it work for me. 2 days max and I was converted.
You wont believe the life you get out of a Sigma cutting wheel either.

Reply to Took the plunge , New Sigma 3DM Tile Cutter in the Tiling News; Tile News area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmcdon47
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock