Discuss The Great RUBI Tile Cutter Survey!!! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

S

simmy08

1.why do you all rate rubi so highly???
2.what model really impresses you?
3.is there anything, if anything you could fault them on or maybe improve.
4. what models do you own/use....would you consider other brands

Ease of use, tbh i havnt used any other cutters,

I have a ts60 classic, I have recently bought a tx 1200 n from ebay for a great price. still havnt used it so cant comment on it fully. The size is impressive though and size matters for my next job

ts60 classic has worked for me 90% of the time, im a part time tiler with family buisnesss. i came across some keope porcealins and it struggled with the contour faced ones. It couldnt snap them without shattering them. it sometimes shears away the end of the cut with some other porcelains

Im just waiting on the job comeing up to use my tx1200n. i have tested the movable breaker on beige tiles and i noticed it leaves a black mark

i read that there is a foam plate for under it is that right?
is there any other tips or faults i need to know about?

G

grumpygrouter

I rate Rubi because of the ease of use and fast cutting wheel changes....Sigmas or montys do not offer any other wheel sizes like rubi do.

The TX700 series..

My complaints were the as above on the TX700 series but they have sorted that now and i also had an issue with my ts50+ cutting out of square... this i found out today was a dodgey new cutting wheel not running true, new fitted and fine now..:smilewinkgrin:

I have ..A ts40...ts60...ts50+....tr600s and a tx700n...

I have thought about other makes recently but decided to stick with what i have used all my tiling life...RUBI..:thumbsup:

Only new addition to my Rubi range is to be the New model TX700... why??.. coz i want one..:lol:
I have always wondered why Rubi have different size wheels, are they really necessary?

Reaction score
I have always wondered why Rubi have different size wheels, are they really necessary?

Definately - especially for the ever increasing variation in material density and strength, you need bigger wheels to cope with stronger tiles - a 6mm wouldn't last 2mins with a 18mm thick porcelain:thumbsup:

T

TT Tiling

i love my rubi cutters , use the ts50+ for day to day work ,the tx700 on the floor work ,and my new tx1200n when things get big , think they are easy to use ,fast clean cut , all packs away in a case nice and clean on the van :thumbsup:

B

borgie

i havea had my ts 40 for over 20 years now, it's been all over europe. ALso it's brother the ts 60.
The most accurate manual cutter on the market and very quick, cutting point to point. You don't get neck ache bending over to see your mark, unlike sigma.
All come with a nice box. you can get spares for any part of any cutter including sapre box hindges and brackets.
I also have a tx700 which i use most of the time. slim porc. slithers no problem with the rubi wheel and breaker 1000KG of breaking pressure.
cutting curves easy and you also have the hole-drill attachment.
the cutting fence saves time cutting same size cuts, bang on everytime straight or on the angle.

the only thing i don't like is that the tx wheels don't fit the ts cutters.
rubi till the day i die!

What more could you want

A

Aston

nice one borgie:thumbsup:

bit disappointed here boys and girls....sigma managed 5 pages and us rubi's are only on 2?? were are the rubi crew ...wheres pj , tj and the likes,,,call yourselves elite lol

D

doug boardley

nice one borgie:thumbsup:

bit disappointed here boys and girls....sigma managed 5 pages and us rubi's are only on 2?? were are the rubi crew ...wheres pj , tj and the likes,,,call yourselves elite lol
us Rubi fella's let our cutters do the talking Ed:8::8::thumbsup:

P

Peter

In my brief Rubi experience,

A few pro's:
Narrower than Sigma, so ideal for confined spaces
Good spares availability
More upright cutting position
Can cut curves

A few con's:
Fixed breaker on TX range a hindrance for breaking checks
Struggles with slim cuts
Expensive (like for like) purchase price & wheel replacement

Reply to The Great RUBI Tile Cutter Survey!!! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawz84
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks