Discuss The Great RUBI Tile Cutter Survey!!! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

D

DHTiling

In my brief Rubi experience,

A few pro's:
Narrower than Sigma, so ideal for confined spaces
Good spares availability
More upright cutting position
Can cut curves

A few con's:
Fixed breaker on TX range a hindrance for breaking checks
Struggles with slim cuts
Expensive (like for like) purchase price & wheel replacement

I think you might mean the TS range... TX cutters have a movable breaker..:thumbsup:

A

Aston

hey dave
wingn has more pro's than cons there mate....do you think he's edging towards rubi lol

A

albyshellshear

Being new to pro tiling I listened to a few tilers say Rubi were best so had to see for meself, I probably say the TX range looks interesting, I couldn't improve on the Rubi range thats why they have designers payed a fortune to improve it for me lol, I am curently using a TS 60 and TS 30 for the tight little spaces I also have a Tomicanic 600 and a Mini monti good for mosaics (thanks Ed). :thumbsup:

A

Aston

alby,
just sell your ts60 on ebay and get rid of that tomecanic :thumbsup: and then get yourself a nice tx700...sorted

K

kent tiler

ease of use good strong case if got two ts40's love them both But in need of a ts60 for the bigger jobs i seem to be getting more of i think the ts60 are the best allrounder good for most uses cant falt it at all :prrr: they both have got me out tghe dog house more then once

D

doug boardley

ease of use good strong case if got two ts40's love them both But in need of a ts60 for the bigger jobs i seem to be getting more of i think the ts60 are the best allrounder good for most uses cant falt it at all :prrr: they both have got me out tghe dog house more then once
the TS 60 is the worst cutter Rubi have made imo, I can't for the life of me understand why you don't get a TX 700??

A

Aston

hi doug,
the ts60 and ts 70 are possible not the best options for cutting large format diagonals..

Last edited by a moderator:
A

Aston

finally, rubi's venture into the single rail cutter market giving its customers the best all round options available!!

the TI-T... (pull cutter)

Video TI-T

the TI-S... (push cutter)

Video TI-S

D

diamondtiling

nice one borgie:thumbsup:

bit disappointed here boys and girls....sigma managed 5 pages and us rubi's are only on 2?? were are the rubi crew ...wheres pj , tj and the likes,,,call yourselves elite lol

So sigma create more interest Ed?
:lol::lol:

A

Aston

its like the x factor dom,,,you know when you know someone is good and you forget to vote for them cos you automatically think they will win, well thats the same analogy for this thread :lol:

c,mon timeless, pjc, deano, peckers the whole forum!!
where are you when rubi need you... lol :mad2:

D

diamondtiling

its like the x factor dom,,,you know when you know someone is good and you forget to vote for them cos you automatically think they will win, well thats the same analogy for this thread :lol:

c,mon timeless, pjc, deano, peckers the whole forum!!
where are you when rubi need you... lol :mad2:

I think they are a bit busy Ed....................ordering a sigma.
:lol::lol::lol::lol:

P

Peter

finally, rubi's venture into the single rail cutter market giving its customers the best all round options available!!

the TI-T... (pull cutter)

Video TI-T

So it has all the disadvantages of a Rubi and all the disadvantages of a Sigma rolled into one. :lol:

Appropriate name for it, because if you're buying Rubi pull cutter, you'll feel like a TI-T for not buying the Sigma instead. :lol:

A

Aston

rubi cant be that bad mate, they sell way more cutters than sigma do :thumbsup:

Reply to The Great RUBI Tile Cutter Survey!!! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Midland Commercial
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks