Discuss The Great RUBI Tile Cutter Survey!!! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

A

Aston

hi

we recently we did a survey on sigma tile cutters and there was a really good reponse so i thought we could balance everything out for our members and do a RUBI survey and then a montolit for total impartiality..

i hope everybody on here who uses rubi will take part because it helps newcomers with their future choice and it helps the manufactures regarding important feedback and improvements...

so...

1.why do you all rate rubi so highly???
2.what model really impresses you?
3.is there anything, if anything you could fault them on or maybe improve.
4. what models do you own/use....would you consider other brands

all views and input would be really appreciated in the interest of impartiality :thumbsup:

D

doug boardley

ease of use, high viz wheel/score line, low maintenance, sturdy cases, durable....:thumbsup:

S

Scott

1. I dont really, bought it on price, i got a great deal from my local supplier

2. ts50 plus

3. The foot that sits on the tile when you snap them has a tendancy to leave 'metal marks' on the tiles. Soft tiles are worse than hard tiles. I find it sometimes struggles with thinner soft tiles and breaks them diagonally

4. i have the TS50plus, i would def consider a Sigma afte the other survey and after using one just the once!

W

White Room

1, Easy to use and spares are available

2,The TX700n

3, The tx with the foam under the side plates which has been sorted now

I have the ts40, ts60 which I rarely use now and the TX700n.

I have a mini montolit and would like to try a larger version of the montolit

H

hillhead

I have never used a rubi so can't comment.I would like a good push cutter sometime though so open minded and love these reviews and surveys:thumbsup:

D

doug boardley

things of beauty, two of my Rubi's (TX700 and TX1200N)

doug-boardley-albums-one-finished-picture2329-one-finished-sunny-hill-001.jpg

A

Aston

ease of use and view for me too!!

i like the way they you can use them for cutting curves and the way you can scribe lines on tiles clearly and accuratly for key cuts and prior to notching.

i use a ts40 plus which have been great and it does cut diagonally well too!
tx700 sprung bed which i love and really really rate. They could have made it lighter but to be honest, that doesnt bother me, if you cant carry 14.5kg, then maybe you should reconsider your career :lol:

i would buy the big 1250cm click clock sigma over the tx1200n, but thats about it really.

D

DHTiling

I rate Rubi because of the ease of use and fast cutting wheel changes....Sigmas or montys do not offer any other wheel sizes like rubi do.

The TX700 series..

My complaints were the as above on the TX700 series but they have sorted that now and i also had an issue with my ts50+ cutting out of square... this i found out today was a dodgey new cutting wheel not running true, new fitted and fine now..:smilewinkgrin:

I have ..A ts40...ts60...ts50+....tr600s and a tx700n...

I have thought about other makes recently but decided to stick with what i have used all my tiling life...RUBI..:thumbsup:

Only new addition to my Rubi range is to be the New model TX700... why??.. coz i want one..:lol:

Reaction score
1. Easy to use, reliable, great cases (only had one broken by a lardy who sat on it)

2. Horses for courses, but my TX700 is with me most days

3. The TX700 is heavy but I believe that has been addressed with the TX700N

4. TS40plus, TS50plus, TX700.... happy with the Rubi's

:thumbsup:

Reaction score

Sturdy, excellent carry cases, spare parts easily bought, great line of vision (in comparison to single rail Sigma or Monty), lovely to use, superb range of products:thumbsup:

My beautiful new TX700N 2009 Model:drool5::thumbsup:

NO:lol:

I have a TS40plus and a TX700N at the moment, but have upgraded over the years, so had all the usual TS30's, 60's, etc....

D

doug boardley

:prrr::prrr::prrr: not yet, was up at 4am this morning, so still a couple of hours left in me yet:8:

Reply to The Great RUBI Tile Cutter Survey!!! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
alangk85
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks