Discuss Sigma 2G tile cutter in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

D

DHTiling

Well it's unpacked and ready to go.

Spot on for the 33x25 tiles I have to put on today. :)

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1340874223.825540.jpg

D

DHTiling

Using your little technique for supporting tile when cutting small amount off the tile and no support arm, works a treat

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1340880422.450802.jpg

And it's fits nicely on the work bench. :)

Only took half dozen cuts to get used the pull scribe but taken like a duck to water.

G

Gazzer

All those years you have wasted with your protests Dave...never mind you got there in the end :thumbsup:

:lol:

G

Gazzer

My next tip is about keeping your tool clean....Oooooer Missus !

Dont use WD40 etc. If you do it will feel great at first but then it attracts dust and debris from the cut tiles. This in turn will build up inside the slot on the handle. Easy way that works for me is either use a household polish on the bar or better still I am finding at the moment is "Mer" a fancy car polish. Before using these products though make sure your cutter main bar and the slot in the handle are clean.

D

DHTiling

The pull is canny , it isnt awkward , just different from what i am used to but not uncomfortable or Anything.

I like it.

D

DHTiling

Give me time neale ffs. But ye , there is a plus side :).

I will say though to other rubi users , you can see the score wheel ok if that worries you about the pull scribe cutter.

The wheel is right at the front on the handle but with me using a monti , then lining up with the centre bar isn't an issue.

So I deffo recommend this handy cutter.

C

Colour Republic

Neale I'd recommend PTFE spray instead of any polishes or such. You'll find it in most tool shops in little spray cans, I like the trend one, it's mainly for prolonging the life of blades/router bits etc etc but I use it on all my sliding tools such as mitre saws and also tile cutters, no build up and no grease ;)

G

Gazzer

Neale I'd recommend PTFE spray instead of any polishes or such. You'll find it in most tool shops in little spray cans, I like the trend one, it's mainly for prolonging the life of blades/router bits etc etc but I use it on all my sliding tools such as mitre saws and also tile cutters, no build up and no grease ;)

I have some but still find that polish is better...each to their own though.

Edit ...I had some !

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Sigma 2G tile cutter in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawz84
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks