Discuss Me, my back and I! in the General Off-topic Chat (nothing tile) area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

F

Flintstone

Yes there’s a lot of bending with splashbacks which isn’t good for me! I had back ache before that tho. The thing what finished me off was mitring a couple of cuts bending over the Ketter table, holding that bent position with no support for a few mins.

O

Old Mod

The toughbuilt saw horse/work bench tresses extend up to 32” about 820mm Andy, that’d still be too low wouldn’t it?

O

Old Mod

Think what might be helpful Andy is to cut a ply table top and keep packing it up on your keter til you find a comfortable height, then when you know that you can find a solution.

B

Blunt Tool

Ive got the keter table aswell and the plastic feet can screw up and down a bit to even out an uneven base, just wondering if the plastic screw legs for kitchen base units would fit in and raise a good 6 inches?

O

Old Mod

Would they be strong enough Ian? The table is gonna get a lot of abuse every day, and probably weight. And the keter legs are angled, could you get some that are angle or that will pivot at base?

F

Flintstone

I don’t think they would take the abuse, like Marc says, it needs to be solid. I think kitchen worktop height is about right for me whatever they are on average? I’d have to measure. Perhaps a few layers of kingspan stuck together with a ply top might be easy and light ?

O

Old Mod

My knuckles are at counter top level !
Wow! That still may be too low Andy, I can only speak from my experience but personally I find the table need to be kinda half way up my forearm to be comfortable.
I know this cos I’ve built dozens and dozens of tables over the last 3-4 years.

F

Flintstone

Bloody that’s crazy high for me mate, 1050 - 1100 high! Measure your table tomorrow for me see what that’s like

O

Old Mod

Mine is 820mm 10mm lower than the Raimondi BM180 it’s waist height.
I’m only 5’8” so you’re around 200mm taller, so a metre will probably be very close.

F

Flintstone

So really I need to be looking at raising the table by around 250 - 300, that’s significant!

Reply to Me, my back and I! in the General Off-topic Chat (nothing tile) area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawz84
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks