Search the forum,

Discuss Me, my back and I! in the General Off-topic Chat (nothing tile) area at TilersForums.com.

F

Flintstone

Yes there’s a lot of bending with splashbacks which isn’t good for me! I had back ache before that tho. The thing what finished me off was mitring a couple of cuts bending over the Ketter table, holding that bent position with no support for a few mins.

O

Old Mod

The toughbuilt saw horse/work bench tresses extend up to 32” about 820mm Andy, that’d still be too low wouldn’t it?

O

Old Mod

Think what might be helpful Andy is to cut a ply table top and keep packing it up on your keter til you find a comfortable height, then when you know that you can find a solution.

B

Blunt Tool

Ive got the keter table aswell and the plastic feet can screw up and down a bit to even out an uneven base, just wondering if the plastic screw legs for kitchen base units would fit in and raise a good 6 inches?

O

Old Mod

Would they be strong enough Ian? The table is gonna get a lot of abuse every day, and probably weight. And the keter legs are angled, could you get some that are angle or that will pivot at base?

F

Flintstone

I don’t think they would take the abuse, like Marc says, it needs to be solid. I think kitchen worktop height is about right for me whatever they are on average? I’d have to measure. Perhaps a few layers of kingspan stuck together with a ply top might be easy and light ?

O

Old Mod

My knuckles are at counter top level !
Wow! That still may be too low Andy, I can only speak from my experience but personally I find the table need to be kinda half way up my forearm to be comfortable.
I know this cos I’ve built dozens and dozens of tables over the last 3-4 years.

F

Flintstone

Bloody that’s crazy high for me mate, 1050 - 1100 high! Measure your table tomorrow for me see what that’s like

O

Old Mod

Mine is 820mm 10mm lower than the Raimondi BM180 it’s waist height.
I’m only 5’8” so you’re around 200mm taller, so a metre will probably be very close.

F

Flintstone

So really I need to be looking at raising the table by around 250 - 300, that’s significant!

Reply to Me, my back and I! in the General Off-topic Chat (nothing tile) area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all. As title suggests. Used to use this forum a while back but seems my account was deleted...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen