Discuss Me, my back and I! in the General Off-topic Chat (nothing tile) area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

O

Old Mod

Yeah kind of that area
Quads Andy, as you sit on your glutes :)

Any power lifting exercise will naturally strengthen your core if you use free weights.
Squats
Bench press
Deadlift
You need your core strength to balance the weights. Machines don’t do the same job, they work a bit like the belt you talked about, artificially steady your core.

W

WetSaw

Quads Andy, as you sit on your glutes :)

Any power lifting exercise will naturally strengthen your core if you use free weights.
Squats
Bench press
Deadlift
You need your core strength to balance the weights. Machines don’t do the same job, they work a bit like the belt you talked about, artificially steady your core.

Lifting and lumping tiles all day doesn't count then? :rolleyes:

O

Old Mod

Lifting and lumping tiles all day doesn't count then? :rolleyes:
Well obviously not Paul if he’s been told to strengthen his core. :)
But I’d be looking more at the distance poor Andy has to bend over to pick stuff up, and try elevate things around me so I didn’t have to bend as much.

F

Flintstone

That is a problem marc for sure, bending over all day and it is a long way down, and I’m forever bending for my pen or tape etc. I’m open to suggestions. I’m guilty of bending and not using my legs for picking up tiles and things. I never really thought much about core strength

O

Old Mod

Suggestion one :D

image.jpg image.jpg

O

Old Mod

Tape measure! Bit inaccurate, isn’t it ?:p
Yeah but it does job, but the belt clip is excellent after it’s been used a couple of weeks.

Do you work off a table Andy?
You could put the tiles on a hop up too, just get everything off the floor mate.
It’ll be worth the effort.
I know sometimes there’s very little space, but you have to make it work for you.
Inconvenient loss of floor space is far less an evil than the loss of ability to bend over or walk. :)

F

Flintstone

If I’m wall tiling I have the cutter on the floor and stay on my knees as much as possible, if I’m wall tiling etc then I put the cutter on a Kettering table. I do have a hop up which I normally get out when I’m Tiling above waist height to put my adhesive on mainly. I think my worst enemy is bending for spacers and my pen and tape, which sounds daft because that’s probably the most easy to solve. Even grinding at the Ketter table I’m bent over a lot, that’s what finished me off on Tuesday.

O

Old Mod

If I’m wall tiling I have the cutter on the floor and stay on my knees as much as possible, if I’m wall tiling etc then I put the cutter on a Kettering table. I do have a hop up which I normally get out when I’m Tiling above waist height to put my adhesive on mainly. I think my worst enemy is bending for spacers and my pen and tape, which sounds daft because that’s probably the most easy to solve. Even grinding at the Ketter table I’m bent over a lot, that’s what finished me off on Tuesday.
Then at least get trousers with that pouch in front or a Joiner’s pouch. Put everything in there, plenty of room, even if you wear it behind you.
And you need to get a higher table for sure.
Or mod the one you have by making a frame to go over the top and then spacers to lift a new wooden top closer to your waist level.

F

Flintstone

I have pouch trousers but i use the pouches for money and phone, that’s first thing I’m gonna change. I know what your saying about the table, there only 750 high the Ketter table and it’s not a good height. I’ll have to sus out the best way of raising that. It’s a shame the legs are not telescopic. I can’t be the only long man on here with these problems

Reply to Me, my back and I! in the General Off-topic Chat (nothing tile) area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawz84
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks