Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss How best to Tile a room? in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

M

mp3wizard

I'm having the bath fitted Thursday, so I hope to be able to tie the 2 walls up with each other ensuring a full size tile above the bath, I should be able to do 2 full days this weekend so I hope it won't drag on too long.

T

Tile Shop

Ignore anyone who tells you to get someone in. May have been advised at the start to seek a pro, but you've taken on board some of the tips and got yourself this far and despite the odd hiccup along the way, not done a bad job of it.

Keep chippin' away at it and it'll be finished before you know it :)

average

TF
Reaction score
Ignore anyone who tells you to get someone in. May have been advised at the start to seek a pro, but you've taken on board some of the tips and got yourself this far and despite the odd hiccup along the way, not done a bad job of it.

Keep chippin' away at it and it'll be finished before you know it :)

I agree! Ignore them and stick to it because it aint to bad a job.

M

mp3wizard

Sorry average, just saw your msg, well the height difference your looking at is the 2 rooms, so it's built up of underfloor heating board, self levelling compound, adhesive then tile, the adhesive is not too thick there, im planning to get some thick underlay and carpet, then if there's still a difference between rooms just get one to those strips to bridge the difference.

M

mp3wizard

Well, I've tiled 60% of bathroom walls, enough to get a bathroom fitted over it, I still need to finish the rest, and grout walls and floor in there, then I can get back to the floor in the main room. I've been ill, out of the country, had other work done and all other excuses I can think of! Hope to get cracking again tomorrow, I've been having a nightmare removing the red spacers from floor and wall, some of them aren't cracking off cleanly, so I've been trying to bang down under grout line, or wrapping a j cloth around a scraper and trying to get adhesive/spacer out that way. I also choose not to centre around window, so I'm sure I'm going to get some flack for that when I post pictures.

I

Italy

I begin to worry....
you are done ?, or I have to go me to finish the job? ;)
I want to see the result. are breathless.
or you gave up?

M

Mikey B

Just read this entire thread in one go. What a rollercoaster ride that was, and I don't just mean the SLC. I admire mp3 for having a go, however I would have agreed with the first piece of advice of getting a pro for this project, if I'd come across the thread at the start. Nevertheless the thread contained plenty of good advice that no doubt got the guy through. I was disappointed not to see the finished product, but hopefully that will follow soon. I hope it turns out good for you Wizard, also I hope other keen diy enthusiasts take on board the troubles you had, and if they are still set on doing it themselves, then they should follow your lead and request the help and advice of the forum.

O

Old Mod

Just read this entire thread in one go. What a rollercoaster ride that was, and I don't just mean the SLC. I admire mp3 for having a go, however I would have agreed with the first piece of advice of getting a pro for this project, if I'd come across the thread at the start. Nevertheless the thread contained plenty of good advice that no doubt got the guy through. I was disappointed not to see the finished product, but hopefully that will follow soon. I hope it turns out good for you Wizard, also I hope other keen diy enthusiasts take on board the troubles you had, and if they are still set on doing it themselves, then they should follow your lead and request the help and advice of the forum.

Thanks Mikey,
s4456.gif

B

Blunt Tool

Thanks a lot @3_fall, not listening to you again. Started prepping a big floor today. Customer went away at 8am with her 2 teenage daughters and left me a key. Started in the big sun lounge area and decided to try your tip so went and got a big plastic cup of water, put it in the middle of the floor and began the Micheal Flattley Riverdance routine! Must have been 3 minutes into it and guess who I saw staring through the sun lounge windows? How do you even explain what the hell a 50 year old 6ft 2, 18 stone tiler is doing in your sun lounge!!!:(

B

Blunt Tool

Haven't even got to that stage it's been plyed and was wanting to make sure I was happy with everything before went any further!

Reply to How best to Tile a room? in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Apatel
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks