Discuss Help, I think my tiler is doing a bad job. What should I do? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
Unfortunately the tiler wasn't planning to seal it before or after grouting! Not necessary apparently and he has fitted lots of travertine tiles before...

Simon Dale

TF
Esteemed
Esteemed
Reaction score
Travertine hole cutting is just about the easiest to do as its soft. My daughter even cuts holes for wall hung WCs where you never see them. Bit lazy of him.

Simon Dale

TF
Esteemed
Esteemed
Reaction score
To be honest I usually seal travertine after install as its so easy to keep clean. I usually wait 10 days app so its bone dry

O

One Day

He's under-skilled and under-priced so he's put himself under-pressure!
That's too cheap for a stone install, even for travertine.

Reaction score
Urgh Travertine.. Never been a big fan especially of the cheaper lower grade type.. Always look at the back of the tile to see how much filler it has and this will give you an idea of the Grade (people buy this stuff without checking and go off the price, it's a natural product and the quality of the stone will change making it more brittle etc)
However, that doesn't forgive the fact that this is a bad job.. I do remember starting out I did a Travertine job and underpriced myself and got into a spot of bother.. I called in a mate who had been tiling for 20+ years and he got me out of it.. I explained to the customer what I was doing and they appreciated my honesty and the job ended up costing me ££ to pay my mate...
I treated this as a lesson learned and the money i lost was the cost of the lesson..
People will take these jobs on a whim and then realise they're in too deep sometimes and try to blag their way out of it
Hope you get it sorted..

Reply to Help, I think my tiler is doing a bad job. What should I do? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

The trustpilot reviews for tilers-world are excellent, but there's not a huge number of them...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

Replies you've not seen

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Teejay