Search the forum,

Discuss Help, I think my tiler is doing a bad job. What should I do? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

O

One Day

He's under-skilled and under-priced so he's put himself under-pressure!
That's too cheap for a stone install, even for travertine.

Reaction score
Urgh Travertine.. Never been a big fan especially of the cheaper lower grade type.. Always look at the back of the tile to see how much filler it has and this will give you an idea of the Grade (people buy this stuff without checking and go off the price, it's a natural product and the quality of the stone will change making it more brittle etc)
However, that doesn't forgive the fact that this is a bad job.. I do remember starting out I did a Travertine job and underpriced myself and got into a spot of bother.. I called in a mate who had been tiling for 20+ years and he got me out of it.. I explained to the customer what I was doing and they appreciated my honesty and the job ended up costing me ££ to pay my mate...
I treated this as a lesson learned and the money i lost was the cost of the lesson..
People will take these jobs on a whim and then realise they're in too deep sometimes and try to blag their way out of it
Hope you get it sorted..

Reply to Help, I think my tiler is doing a bad job. What should I do? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello, I'm just a home owner who doesn't have much experience with tiling but I'm looking for...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen