Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Customer From Hell in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

cam_low

TF
Reaction score
You will have to pay to raise a claim small claims court. Full a firm in and take it from there is Court is the way you want to proceed

R

Rossymcg

I was just about to do that^^^^^^
seriously Phil, don't worry about the whole situation because you'll get what you're due, if you're in the right,
when making your claim remember to claim for expenses and interest in the amount owed you,

D

Dougs Third Go

you've done all the fretting Phil, you've started the ball rolling, she'll be in a lot more discomfort than you now. Keep at it mate:thumbsup:

John Benton

TF
Arms
Reaction score
She expected you to roll over Phil, you're only a thick tradesman - not!!!

She's going to get a shock and thought she was going to get away with it - no chance.

Good luck Phil!!!

P

Peter

Will be interesting to see if she will pay up to save the embarrassment of going to court or if she'll dig her heels in and keep chancing.

D

Dougs Third Go

I don't think she's refused to pay yet, fingers crossed that she pays up with no hassle, I really hope that that is the case.

kilty55

TF
Arms
Reaction score
small claim costs very little to raise...if you get a solicitor they will end up taking most of your money of you phil once its over.

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Hi phil hope you feeling a bit better...
once her time is up I would send her this letter...

customers name and address

RE: NOTICE OF INTENDED COURT PROCEEDINGS

Despite several reminders to pay my outstanding invoice, no payment has been received for works carried out at.......(her address here)

This is to notify you that if no payment is made within seven days from the date of this letter, we will be proceeding with legal action to recover the debt without further notice.

I enclose a copy of the outstanding invoice.

Yours sincerely....

send this recorded delivery, cost about £1.50 from the post office.

I used this on a couple of plumbers that owed me over a grand and 2 days after reading this letter paid in full...Good luck mate, hopes it works out for you..

AliGage

TF
Arms
Subscribed
Reaction score
Perfect Andy. Only thing to add to that letter is the usual "may effect your credit rating, CCJ, costs etc" statement. Usual thing people put on action letters.

T

The Legend; Phil Hobson RIP

Thanks to all. Do I need to head letter Without Prejudice? Any more help on the wording would be great, do I need to list work done at this stage? do I send the letter then give her another 7 days before small claims?

Chalker

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Not sure I agree with the first part.
i think I would bank any payment although I would inform my client this is accepted as only part payment before I put it thorough bank
Yes your correct, as long as you have a written agreement.
i got caught out with this one a few years back. Was for a solicitor!

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
have you had any response from her so far...?
if not then I would just send her that letter as it is and see if that gets a response....just make sure its sent recorded delivery and track it to make sure she's got it so you don't get the I havnt received anything excuse....

if you still havn't heard anything in 7 days then start court proceedings the main thing to do is keep every response you have ever had from her, texts, emails, photos...ect main thing to do is to keep on top of it..... and you never know a settlement may be reached even before it gose to court.

if it dose go to court the main thing the judge will look at is how far you were willing to go to resolve the situation.....and it seems to me you were willing to bend over backwards to help her out, which would mean she won't have a leg to stand on..

Reply to Customer From Hell in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mcgtech
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks