Search the forum,

Discuss Customer From Hell in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Chalker

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Not sure I agree with the first part.
i think I would bank any payment although I would inform my client this is accepted as only part payment before I put it thorough bank
Yes your correct, as long as you have a written agreement.
i got caught out with this one a few years back. Was for a solicitor!

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
have you had any response from her so far...?
if not then I would just send her that letter as it is and see if that gets a response....just make sure its sent recorded delivery and track it to make sure she's got it so you don't get the I havnt received anything excuse....

if you still havn't heard anything in 7 days then start court proceedings the main thing to do is keep every response you have ever had from her, texts, emails, photos...ect main thing to do is to keep on top of it..... and you never know a settlement may be reached even before it gose to court.

if it dose go to court the main thing the judge will look at is how far you were willing to go to resolve the situation.....and it seems to me you were willing to bend over backwards to help her out, which would mean she won't have a leg to stand on..

T

The Legend; Phil Hobson RIP

Amazing, I spent two hours in CAB today, they had no templates for letters from honest trades men to bad customers, but all their stuff was for consumers.

How to screw trades men, this system is all wrong imo. I will not give this up.

Reaction score
Quality work which should be appreciated by your customer!
The mitres are perfect, can't really see the trims properly as I'm just on my phone and won't enlarge but if you've given her options then what's the problem!!

C

charlie1

Hope you get this sorted mate but don't let it bring you down, look forward to a good 2014 and I'm sure it will bring you some cracking jobs to inspire you again... You never know, maybe a JOTm or year to be had for you!

T

The Legend; Phil Hobson RIP

Another email sent, next one will be letter before court action. Wish me luck.

Reply to Customer From Hell in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen