Search the forum,

Discuss Customer From Hell in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

T

TJ Smiler

MUG, is not what i would say you are mate....... Unlucky that you have taken on work for a **** taker is more what i would say. 47 years without a problem says it all really :cheers2:

aytiling

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Hey Phil, I don't know you but anyone who has to put up with this sort of behaviour has my best wishes.
i have in my time had to take about 5-7 builders/clients to small claims court. Won everyone of them, some before the date, some after the hearing, and one sent his lawyer to court with the cash to get me to back down just before we were due to go in.
You are allowed to take someone in to the hearing with you, she might have her lawyer there so you need some backup as well.
She has dug a hole for herself that she can't get out of now, by not responding to any of your letters she has shown that she has made no effort to negotiate, the district judge will take a dim view of this and might not even want to hear the particulars, he/she might just make ruling because of that alone.
my thoughts are with you mate.
just for reference, do not send emails, they are not admissible.

T

The Legend; Phil Hobson RIP

Hey Phil, I don't know you but anyone who has to put up with this sort of behaviour has my best wishes.
i have in my time had to take about 5-7 builders/clients to small claims court. Won everyone of them, some before the date, some after the hearing, and one sent his lawyer to court with the cash to get me to back down just before we were due to go in.
You are allowed to take someone in to the hearing with you, she might have her lawyer there so you need some backup as well.
She has dug a hole for herself that she can't get out of now, by not responding to any of your letters she has shown that she has made no effort to negotiate, the district judge will take a dim view of this and might not even want to hear the particulars, he/she might just make ruling because of that alone.
my thoughts are with you mate.
just for reference, do not send emails, they are not admissible.

Thanks for that mate, she is contesting my claim and counter claiming, I have to respond in the next few days.

She is going down the route of sub-standard work, taking to long on the job etc.

I have asked her to allow a TTA technical inspector to do a report, but to no avail.

She has accused me of going for a drink with my TF Friends on her time? I told her I was going on a two day stone polishing course, nothing to do with drinking, I was up front with her at all times, never tried to rip her off.

A few members will vouch for me being on the Nu-Life stone course in Stockport, I also did three half days foc, and supplied over £100.00 in materials. That I was going to stand myself.

I hope this goes the right way for me in court, these people are out there waiting for us.

T

Time's Ran Out

Just show your credentials and she won't have a leg to stand on ( was going to use a pot to hiss in but thought inappropriate)
We are all with you Phil and if you need some support there is a list of tradesmen waiting here!

aytiling

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Thanks for that mate, she is contesting my claim and counter claiming, I have to respond in the next few days.

She is going down the route of sub-standard work, taking to long on the job etc.

I have asked her to allow a TTA technical inspector to do a report, but to no avail.

She has accused me of going for a drink with my TF Friends on her time? I told her I was going on a two day stone polishing course, nothing to do with drinking, I was up front with her at all times, never tried to rip her off.

A few members will vouch for me being on the Nu-Life stone course in Stockport, I also did three half days foc, and supplied over £100.00 in materials. That I was going to stand myself.

I hope this goes the right way for me in court, these people are out there waiting for us.

You have got her by the goolies mate. Revise your quote now adding all the FOC stuff and add it to your claim. No time to be generous. Also add interest at 8.5% for overdue invoice (it's allowed by the courts)
If your business were owed £1,000:

• the annual statutory interest on this would be £85 (1,000 x 0.085 = £85)
  • divide £85 by 365 to get the daily interest: 23p a day (85 / 365 = 0.23)
  • after 50 days this would be £11.50 (50 x 0.23 = 11.50)

T

The Legend; Phil Hobson RIP

Again I thank you all for your support, I just wish I could have the Judge/ Magistrate read this thread, they would realise what the self employed trades man/ woman have to put up with, we all open to this type of customer.

T

Time's Ran Out

Again I thank you all for your support, I just wish I could have the Judge/ Magistrate read this thread, they would realise what the self employed trades man/ woman have to put up with, we all open to this type of customer.

And we thank you for taking this all the way! If the 2nd best tiler in the country has to justify his trade, then where does that leave the rest of us. I've said for years now the TV companies should have a programme with your thread title and I wish this could be the first instalment .
I've lost a lot of money over the years to rouge customers and businesses, and I know the stress it puts your family through. The Vat were going to close me down 25 years ago for Vat not paid on money I didn't get, so there's no help from the government as they think being self employed is a way to print money!
You don't get to your age and be still trading without being respected and excelling in your chosen field, so keep up the fight for all of us and show this 'rogue' we are not here to be a doormat!
John.

O

On one

Well said TJ.
Phil you are fighting for all of us on this one! Goodness knows how many other tradesmen she has taken the mick out of and gotten away with it,by bluffing or blustering,with the full knowledge that someone was unlikely to take her to court.
By the way,is it possible to do any checks on her as to her backround ie credit history,trading standards complaints,CCJ's ?

Reply to Customer From Hell in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen