Search the forum,

Discuss Customer From Hell in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

widler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Phil,forgive the language but **** that for a game of soldiers .
I'm with Deano,get her billed mate,disgusting attitude by her.
I train with a solicitor most mornings,he won't be there tomorrow (bloody hard circuit,he too old :) )he will be there on Friday,I will ask him if there's owt you can do .
I also have a mate from Oldham (he now lives in London) he was with the Oldham lads football firm,I'm sure he will know someone to put her windows through
Again
And again
And again
And again
And again
:) :)

Brian the Tile

TF
Arms
Reaction score
so sorry to hear this news Phil,but you did the right thing in walking imo,but dont let her get away with it ,its a pitywe couldnt put a warning out to other tilers in that area,onehel of a biach and should not get away with it

D

dave l and l

totally agree with martyn, no way should you be out of pocket, i would take the invoice to her,

T

The D

We give people this advice all the time. She can’t with holdthe entire payment she by law has to give you the opportunity to rectify anydefects that she preserves as a problem. Or come to an agreement on what moneyswill be withheld from the invoice in order to get another tiler to rectify theproblem areas. My main point is to put the bill in now and she can pay it orshe can dispute it but you do not have to just walk away with nothing.

T

The Legend; Phil Hobson RIP

As most of the opinions, you definitely need to get paid.

I'd take a few days off to chill. Then send the invoice recorded delivery etc...

I would've given her 2 choices, pay whats agreed, or if the tiling isn't good enough, then let me remove all the tiles

Cheers Martyn, I think I will fight this one. I am so fed up with people running rough shod over decent tradesmen. Thanks again for all your imput TF peeps. We are all in this together, we are at the bottom of the pile it seems.

Maybe I can make a stand, for all of us.

P

Peter

She doesn't have a leg to stand on legally if she's just knocked you for no reason, she can't dispute that the workmanship is not of a high enough standard and any independent inspection would tell her that.

Do you know if she paid the other trades in full?

I

ianflem

Another Head Up ur *** Engineer....Probably been planning it from day 1 !

You make sure you get paid Phil ! Once you do post her a wee stool

Al never leave a skid mark on a customers pan again...ever ...

D

Deleted member 9966

don't forget, our long standing member Oli had a very similar issue with a customer of his going back some years. Oli wrote a whole thread about it, about what action to take, legal support, small claims court etc. Oli won his case and received the payments he was due plus a little bit more. it was worth it.

Reply to Customer From Hell in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen