Search the forum,

Discuss Customer From Hell in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

P

Perry

Phil the good thing is it will be an easy one to win IMO, and wont cost you much. Add it all up inc the extra mucking about send it recorded asp. She has less legs than a snake, and broke all the rules.

J

jonnyc

Phil. Doesn't sound like you have sent her an invoice yet.
You have to do this.am I right in thinking that you gave a day rate only verbally.
that does make it more difficult for you but this lady cannot pay you nothing for work you have done .
she may think that you have taken longer than she think job merited but it certainly doesn't mean that the work you did nhad no worth at all.
if you go through the process of going to same claims I can guarantee that she will want to come to an agreement before it goes to court.
she is not stupid and will know that it will not be accepted Ina court that she paid nothing for your services.
it is also fact that if she has any grievances about quality of work she has to give you a chance to rectify if you want to before getting anyone else in.
if she gets someone else to rectify what she perceives to be wrong she has lost already.
Get the process started , you don't have to talk to her , better not and she will soon change her tone .

Q

Qwerty

Phil, I noticed in another thread (as well as this one) that this incident has hit you really badly both financially and emotionally which is completely understandable. If I were closer I would take you out for a drink...a problem shared is a problem halved after all.
I know this is still very raw and fresh but please do listen to some of the advice some on here have given you. Don't give up mate. Your work is some of the highest standard on here and your passion is tiling. All the best Phil.

S

stusgsx

Chin up Phil. We have all had one of these customers I think. I've had sleepless nights just laying there really stressed out and doubting my skills. It makes you feel like complete **** but u MUST pick yourself up. I didn't bother doing all the legal stuff with my nightmare customer because I just wanted to forget it but it was only 1 week lost but every time I drive past her house my blood boils slightly!
Pick yourself up and go find some nice creamy jobs where u get tea and biscuits and even toilet facilities! (Yes they still exist...somewhere!)

Stu

Reaction score
Phil this is a few thousand pounds at the most !, i have someone trying to take-me for my house !, get a grip and carry on mate , i have to do it everyday i open my eyes, never give-up !! the Barstewards will try and grind you down, i have wondered why me ! why did i ever get involved !! but its the nature of being self-employed,there are peeps out there that by there nature are pure evil and we have booth met them Good luck mate and get on with your work and put it behind you :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

T

The Legend; Phil Hobson RIP

Phil this is a few thousand pounds at the most !, i have someone trying to take-me for my house !, get a grip and carry on mate , i have to do it everyday i open my eyes, never give-up !! the Barstewards will try and grind you down, i have wondered why me ! why did i ever get involved !! but its the nature of being self-employed,there are peeps out there that by there nature are pure evil and we have booth met them Good luck mate and get on with your work and put it behind you :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Sorry Dave, and thanks to all you TF people who care ,

R

Rossymcg

Read the thread, been in a similar situation and went to court and win easily,
the judge isn't an idiot and you'd be very surprised how layman the whole process is, folk have been saying because you only verbally agreed a day rate it will be tougher in court, that's cackle, a verbal contract is as good as a written one in the eyes if the law,
the fact that the lady had you to work for an extended amount of time, ie more than a couple of days, will show the judge she was happy with your work and had no complaints an was happy with the price or she'd have bombed you off after a few days, she needs to prove your work was no good, put some pressure in her, not over the phone via email or recorded post and look in line for template letters,
sack up and sort it, she's trying to take bread from you kids mouths,

F

foggy34

sorry to hear this phil ive read this post with utter disbelief! I aswell as others think you should receive payment for works done,how can she withhold from a very competent tiler most definatly not because of bad workmanship so I would love to hear the excuses

D

Dougs Third Go

Phil, do you know the tiler that she's got in to complete the job? surely he'll be wondering why he's been drafted in at this stage.

Reply to Customer From Hell in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen