Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Best Small Van in the Business Advice, Tilers Van Insurance etc area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

goz

TF
Reaction score
Cheers for the feed back, another q, I do about 25-30k a year, while looking at new I'm advised by over the phone lease companies that contract hires not worth it and to go lease finance instead, bit sceptical that I'll get 4k for advised three year old van with 90k on it. What's others experianced with these two types of routes to buy. Thanks ks

I got a berlingo on finance lease, great van, I either sell it privately or sell back to them in November , think my ballon payment is £4000, just had it valued on any car .com at £5000 it's done 62000, can't see value going down to much in 6 months, put the extra money as deposit on next van

W

White Room

Here in Spain all self employed must be VAT (IVA) registered, no option.

others-171.GIF

C

Camper

My preference is a pickup over a van. More carrying capacity and robuster. 1m3 of Sand or a full pallet of tiles no problem.
images
2014-Mercedes-Benz-sprinter-load-carrier.jpg

W

White Room

My preference is a pickup over a van. More carrying capacity and robuster. 1m3 of Sand or a full pallet of tiles no problem.
images
2014-Mercedes-Benz-sprinter-load-carrier.jpg
What about your tools, there's not enough room in the cab and leaving them in the back would see a Paul Daniels trick...now you see it now you don't.

U

Unused Account 1

My mate got a combo ,amazing on diesel pays for itself by being so gud .very nice

C

Camper

What about your tools, there's not enough room in the cab and leaving them in the back would see a Paul Daniels trick...now you see it now you don't.

I leave my tools on site, but you could weld a lockable box onto the back if you insist on leaving stuff over night. Bolting it down would probably suffice.

Mother in law would get wet in the back!

This truck is for work, not for pleasure!

W

WetSaw

Pickups have their uses but, for me, carrying tools is not one of them. You've got to unload everything when you get to your job and with British weather being what it is...

@whitebeam , self employed also have a minimum €280 pm social security to pay regardless of what you earn

Reply to Best Small Van in the Business Advice, Tilers Van Insurance etc area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Apatel
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks