Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Best Small Van in the Business Advice, Tilers Van Insurance etc area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

W

White Room

Pickups have their uses but, for me, carrying tools is not one of them. You've got to unload everything when you get to your job and with British weather being what it is...

@whitebeam , self employed also have a minimum €280 pm social security to pay regardless of what you earn

We have it easy compared to yourselves, so who pays the max and what is it ?

Wishiwasatoptiler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I got a berlingo on finance lease, great van, I either sell it privately or sell back to them in November , think my ballon payment is £4000, just had it valued on any car .com at £5000 it's done 62000, can't see value going down to much in 6 months, put the extra money as deposit on next van
, that sounds about what I've been told, so with 90k in three it might be worth 3.5-4k. I'm really over egging it on miles but it won't be less that 75k.
Cheers.

@impish what about your tools on show, my last van was like that but I used to empty it, want to leave some gear in and only take the expensive kit out on a few tool boxes. out of intreast what year is it. My neighbour has one and nought but bother bits a 5 plate although has had it 3 years.

Wishiwasatoptiler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
For build quality the Caddy is in another league. For carrying stuff, my Kangoo with roof flap, bulkhead door and folding passenger seat means I can carry loads of stuff!
For me a side loading door is also a must have.
For build quality the Caddy is in another league. For carrying stuff, my Kangoo with roof flap, bulkhead door and folding passenger seat means I can carry loads of stuff!
For me a side loading door is also a must have.

Is that a solid bulk head that folds in half?? Not seen that. I suppose that could be speced.

W

WetSaw

Off topic...;)
We have it easy compared to yourselves, so who pays the max and what is it ?
You can voluntarily pay more which gives you a better pension. How much you can pay depends , as you can imagine with the bureaucracy here, on how old you are, what you do etc.

Is that a solid bulk head that folds in half?? Not seen that. I suppose that could be speced.

It's a mesh bulkhead, yes it does get dusty everywhere!

Diggy

TF
Reaction score
So after letting go of my Vivaro I'm looking for something smaller, thinking of berlingo, dispatch, fiat doblo, vauxhall combo.
Probably looking lwb versions.
Just wondering what others have and how they get on with them. Cheers. D

I own a berlingo car , its 1.4L , 53' and its a pile of s***e.
Hope thats narrowed your list down a bit.

Diggy :0)

I

Italy

Here in Spain all self employed must be VAT (IVA) registered, no option.
same in italy.
Now camincio. understand. because in uk. pay fewer taxes.
the state. in your pocket. all vat. you pay.
example my work.
jobs for customers. private. recessed vat 10%.
builder or retailers tiles. recessed vat 0% (vat pay them).
every purchase. I do for my job. example van, equipment, computers, smartphones, etc.. I pay 22% vat. (Uk 19%?).
in total. I every year. They are on credit. of vat. the state. deducted from my taxes.
I'm talking . (In my small) an average of 1000/1500 € per year.
but who has not. VAT number. can at least. amortize the expenses for work?

W

White Room

same in italy.
Now camincio. understand. because in uk. pay fewer taxes.
the state. in your pocket. all vat. you pay.
example my work.
jobs for customers. private. recessed vat 10%.
builder or retailers tiles. recessed vat 0% (vat pay them).
every purchase. I do for my job. example van, equipment, computers, smartphones, etc.. I pay 22% vat. (Uk 19%?).
in total. I every year. They are on credit. of vat. the state. deducted from my taxes.
I'm talking . (In my small) an average of 1000/1500 € per year.
but who has not. VAT number. can at least. amortize the expenses for work?

Were 20% Antonio.

Reply to Best Small Van in the Business Advice, Tilers Van Insurance etc area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Apatel
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks