Search the forum,

Discuss What is the hardest tile you have came across to cut? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

B

Blunt Tool

He cut one and I cut one. Would've maybe bought one at the start of the job as there were 3 fully tiled wetrooms with that tiles. Too big and bulky for my liking though.
Was that new Rubi any good? How did it compare to the Sigma?

B

Blunt Tool

Know that one!
Take it you haven't had the best of days either! I tidied up after I got that walls tiled only for the van not to start and flat battery! Pissing of rain and after a trip to get a new one soaked and hands black, sitting sulking now!!

O

Old Mod

Take it you haven't had the best of days either!

Well let's just say this job is presenting me with a whole new load of challenges.
Don't want to say much, it'll spoil the laughter at the end! Haha

Oh dear, got to say I do empathise.

It seems to be catching then.
I know of at least 5 guys on different jobs today all having a day from hell!

O

One Day

Hardest has been a full bodied porcelain from Royal Mosa. They weighed about twice what a normal tile weighs. Sigma needed a great whack to split them.
Most difficult was a glass-glazed, cushion-edged 90x90 floor tile from Fanal.
Nothing, but nothing would cut them cleanly.

Why do tile manufacturers make tiles without any consideration for cutting them???
It's happening more and more.

Reply to What is the hardest tile you have came across to cut? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
A little help guys. I've been asked to price 71sqm of limestone flooring. My issue is this...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen