Discuss What is the hardest tile you have came across to cut? in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

B

Blunt Tool

He cut one and I cut one. Would've maybe bought one at the start of the job as there were 3 fully tiled wetrooms with that tiles. Too big and bulky for my liking though.
Was that new Rubi any good? How did it compare to the Sigma?

B

Blunt Tool

Know that one!
Take it you haven't had the best of days either! I tidied up after I got that walls tiled only for the van not to start and flat battery! Pissing of rain and after a trip to get a new one soaked and hands black, sitting sulking now!!

O

Old Mod

Take it you haven't had the best of days either!

Well let's just say this job is presenting me with a whole new load of challenges.
Don't want to say much, it'll spoil the laughter at the end! Haha

Oh dear, got to say I do empathise.

It seems to be catching then.
I know of at least 5 guys on different jobs today all having a day from hell!

O

One Day

Hardest has been a full bodied porcelain from Royal Mosa. They weighed about twice what a normal tile weighs. Sigma needed a great whack to split them.
Most difficult was a glass-glazed, cushion-edged 90x90 floor tile from Fanal.
Nothing, but nothing would cut them cleanly.

Why do tile manufacturers make tiles without any consideration for cutting them???
It's happening more and more.

Reply to What is the hardest tile you have came across to cut? in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawz84
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks