Discuss What is the hardest tile you have came across to cut? in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I was led to believe tiles that stray off the scribe line or are brittle are over fired.
Would this not mean there faulty ? and not fit for purpose .....
Maybe we should refuse to fit them till the manufacture can get there act together !!

I

Italy

I want to make the white fly ... :).
I think differently, the big sizes, they involve cooking and pressing
Different, and therefore are harder to cut. (Otherwise, they all come crashing)
many smaller rectified sizes, still come from large formats.
Example 30x60, is often a cut 120x120 tile.

Unfortunately, the technology to run and tiler must follow.

I happened a couple of times, unable to make cuts.
but they have paid compensation, because they have admitted the mistake.

If a tile, do not cut with a grinder and
A good blade, you have to call the dealer or the company
producer. because, no cutter succeed.

ps. For good blade, I mean GOOD BLADE. (For the deaf)

Now do not scold me.

I

Italy

Funny enough we had a guy in yesterday who makes bullet proof vests and he was looking to cut some 10mm bullet proof ceramic (genuinely).

No diamond blade would touch it, it just bounced off the side of this ceramic plate.

After that we thought we had no chance, but i had my Sigma 3C3M in the shop so we had a go, and it did it!!! So now we can safely say that Sigma's can cut bullet proof materials :p:)

Pretty useless info i know, but it was something a bit different. :)

Sam
A few years ago, I saw a documentary about the war.
Said that in the tanks, the walls contain porcelain tiles.
I do not remember the thickness, but I remember that they are in multiple layers.

T

Tile Shop

Vitra Pro Metro 20mm :( We've had a sample in ahead of taking into stock next month. Documenting a cutting and fixing guide. The fixing bit I have nailed, but cutting....... I started with our Battipav Supreme, no problem. Rubi ND200 with viper blade. Took some balancing but got there eventually. Now slowly working down the range of cutters I have at my disposal. The Rubi TX wouldn't touch it. I could actually see the tile laughing at me! Going to bring my Monti and grinder in tomorrow to see what the best method will be.

Anyone else had experience? @antonio , didn't you do a 20mm porcelain job a few months ago?

I

Italy

Vitra Pro Metro 20mm :( We've had a sample in ahead of taking into stock next month. Documenting a cutting and fixing guide. The fixing bit I have nailed, but cutting....... I started with our Battipav Supreme, no problem. Rubi ND200 with viper blade. Took some balancing but got there eventually. Now slowly working down the range of cutters I have at my disposal. The Rubi TX wouldn't touch it. I could actually see the tile laughing at me! Going to bring my Monti and grinder in tomorrow to see what the best method will be.

Anyone else had experience? @antonio , didn't you do a 20mm porcelain job a few months ago?
viper, is no good for 20mm.
You need a blade, which downloads quickly, debris.
Otherwise it will heat up. I can only tell you what he told me montoit.
size?

Reply to What is the hardest tile you have came across to cut? in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawz84
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks