Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss What is the hardest tile you have came across to cut? in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

B

Blunt Tool

Please checkout the following advertisement.
Fought this tile all day to get cut with sigma manual cutter and grinder with a porcelain blade. Most times Sigma worked but been a long time since I've broken so many, need a new cutter wheel in and porcelain blade needs renewed!! The tiles have a rough surface with carborundum kinda in them making them tough as spartans knapp sack! Done them before but forgotten how hard they were! Anybody else used these or have you encountered similar? Some tiles can humble the best of us :(

IMG_0438.JPG IMG_0440.JPG IMG_0441.JPG IMG_0442.JPG IMG_0443.JPG IMG_0445.JPG IMG_0448.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Couple weeks ago I had one that was a nightmare to cut.....ended up wet cutting them as I was braking more than I was cutting...
Are those just a pig to cut or do they keep going off the scribe line at the end of the tile ?

OP
B

Blunt Tool

Couple weeks ago I had one that was a nightmare to cut.....ended up wet cutting them as I was braking more than I was cutting...
Are those just a pig to cut or do they keep going off the scribe line at the end of the tile ?
Scribe a good few times and break off scribe line

OP
F

Flintstone

I had the same thing last week with some tiles from... wickes. Very very hard and were breaking off line at the ends. They were grey too

OP
B

Blunt Tool

Still got the floor to do with a 300x 300 darker version of the Italian monsters!! :(

bigdave1903

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Just used that exact ones last week. I had the same problem with them unfortunately, my sigma wouldn't touch them either. Gave one to the rubi rep in ctd on friday and their new cutter cut it 1st time.

OP
B

Blunt Tool

Just used that exact ones last week. I had the same problem with them unfortunately, my sigma wouldn't touch them either. Gave one to the rubi rep in ctd on friday and their new cutter cut it 1st time.
Yeah but would have to cut 10 times consistently to prove it's any better, did rep only cut once?

Reply to What is the hardest tile you have came across to cut? in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
sj1709
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock