Search the forum,

Discuss Wet UFH on Block & Beam and Joists... in the Tiling on Underfloor Heating area at TilersForums.com.

Chalker

TF
Arms
Reaction score
50-55 is minimum for tiling onto. Speak to a screed supplier, they can add fibres to strengthen it. Then it can be reduced by a bit.
@Ajax123 on here is the forum expert on here.

S

Swindiff

Gyvlon Thermio+ can go down unbonded onto insulation at a thickness as low as 35mm. I had it installed in my kitchen on top of 50mm celotex. My minimum thickness was 36mm, maximum was 52mm and average was 48mm. More than pleased with it and extremely responsive to the heat in the UFH pipes. I can start to feel it coming through the floor in less than 30 minutes with porcelain tiles laid on top. I had heard all the stores of UFH having to be run pretty much constantly because it takes forever to heat up and cool down, not with this stuff, my UFH gets turned on and of as I would have with the radiators.

Gyvlon Launches New Thermio+ Screed; EasyFlow to Supply Nationwide | EasyFlow - http://www.easyflow.org.uk/news/thermio-screed/

Reply to Wet UFH on Block & Beam and Joists... in the Tiling on Underfloor Heating area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen