Discuss Vote Leave Or Vote Remain? in the General Off-topic Chat (nothing tile) area at TilersForums.com.

How will you vote in the EU referendum?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
J

Just Rizzle

how would we all feel if the turks come in and there tilers start flooding into the country and start up next to yourselves and start under cutting you. because big house builders are begging us to stay in just to maximise there profits from cheep foreign labour . we wont be able to price jobs as we do now well all be on min wage.
protect your selves vote out

John Benton

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Boris being in charge is even more thought provoking. He is a buffoon. It would also open the window for Ian duncan smith.two total cretins... I dont know if its different up here in Scotland. But the general feeling I get is an in vote. Which I am tending to agree with

Not quite sure why you think Boris and IDS will be in charge, this is not a vote for any party, and I suspect when the votes are counted 'remain will just edge it in a closely fought race' anyway

D

dave l and l

Not quite sure why you think Boris and IDS will be in charge, this is not a vote for any party, and I suspect when the votes are counted 'remain will just edge it in a closely fought race' anyway
sorry i never used the reply button, and it was i reply to another comment about the p m.
i know that its not a vote for any party .....

D

dave l and l

i wonder what people think will change if we vote out . as far as i can see we have it pretty good already. what more are we wanting ,
i agree with the above comments i believe it will have been decided already and fixed whichever way the government decide much like the scottish referendum

james hailwood

TF
Arms
Reaction score
I think even if we knew nothing about it, the fact Obama, David Cameron, John Major and Tony Blair want us to stay in, we probably need to vote out. If they've pulled those two cronies out from the woodwork to do a press release, together, then I think they're worried that we're leaving and their back-handers will stop.

They're using scare tactics now to try and make us vote in. That alone shows there's no truth in their campaigns.

IMO of course.
My thoughts exactly. I'd sooner trust my money with a junkie hooker than them lot

D

DriftFactory

I think that leaving will have a negative impact on the building industry in the short term.. People get spooked by this sort of thing and hold off having work done until they see that nothing really changes..
It's all a state of mind imposed on us by government and media, the more they say the market is crashing, the more it will crash, if they were to say it's all going well people would continue to spend..

james hailwood

TF
Arms
Reaction score
I think that leaving will have a negative impact on the building industry in the short term.. People get spooked by this sort of thing and hold off having work done until they see that nothing really changes..
It's all a state of mind imposed on us by government and media, the more they say the market is crashing, the more it will crash, if they were to say it's all going well people would continue to spend..
Your right mate, it's a joke. Would love to win the euro championship the year we leave the eu haha

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Just on the way to York from Newcastle under Lyme and have seen two vote leave trucks, two banners, and not a single stay in so far.

R

rufus the tiler

No passion in the remain camp........forget money for a sec and think what our grandads etc fought for and watched their mates fall for........we are close to giving away our democratic rights and letting second rate britain hating EU presidents making our critical decisions ie joint EU army which they are planning to announce after the referendum result (apparently but i tend to believe)....we owe it to our kids to do the right thing and save their country.......VOTE OUT MY TILER FRIENDS.;)

Rich Midge

TF
Esteemed
Reaction score
For me the leave campaign is focusing on people's fear of immigration and refugees (two completely different things but spun as the same by a right wing media). I cannot stand Cameron and it's going to kill me to vote on a subject the same way as him, but we're not voting for people here we're voting for an ideal. I'm in Liverpool, without EU money we'd have been "managed to decline" to paraphrase Maggie. We're thriving in comparison to 20 years ago. My wife is a doctor at Alderhey, she's largely funded by EU money. The new hospital was built with EU money as is the new centre of research for childhood diseases. The new Mersey crossing majority funded by EU. Manchester after the IRA bombings rebuilt with EU money (2.5billion compared to pennies from our own government). People say the money saved by leaving will save the NHS. Bo!!ocks. Boris has previously campaigned to privatise, Michael Gove wanted it paid by insurance like the wholly unfair American system and Iain Duncan Smith cut, cut and cut again money to the country's poorest, it used to be called welfare now it's benefits. When you look at the people and organisations that are in favour of remain and compare that to those who favour leave I find it truly terrifying. Trump, Farage, BNP, EDL, Boris, Murdoch, everyone of them right wing power crazed lunatics. Whole campaign for me is based on racist xenophobia.

C

Concrete guy

For me the leave campaign is focusing on people's fear of immigration and refugees (two completely different things but spun as the same by a right wing media). I cannot stand Cameron and it's going to kill me to vote on a subject the same way as him, but we're not voting for people here we're voting for an ideal. I'm in Liverpool, without EU money we'd have been "managed to decline" to paraphrase Maggie. We're thriving in comparison to 20 years ago. My wife is a doctor at Alderhey, she's largely funded by EU money. The new hospital was built with EU money as is the new centre of research for childhood diseases. The new Mersey crossing majority funded by EU. Manchester after the IRA bombings rebuilt with EU money (2.5billion compared to pennies from our own government). People say the money saved by leaving will save the NHS. Bo!!ocks. Boris has previously campaigned to privatise, Michael Gove wanted it paid by insurance like the wholly unfair American system and Iain Duncan Smith cut, cut and cut again money to the country's poorest, it used to be called welfare now it's benefits. When you look at the people and organisations that are in favour of remain and compare that to those who favour leave I find it truly terrifying. Trump, Farage, BNP, EDL, Boris, Murdoch, everyone of them right wing power crazed lunatics. Whole campaign for me is based on racist xenophobia.

Read your own post back to yourself aloud. Then think for a moment and ask yourself which statement is more a campaign of Fear. The choice of chosing who enters our country or your rant above that accused the leave campaign of racism? Then ask yourself where the "EU money" that supported the NHS came from to start with.

I'm more inclined to trust business people than any politician and what I see are solid British businesses such as JCB and Dyson, two of the largest UK manufacturers backing BREXIT.

Look at the pro stay companies, they are predominantly non British multi nationals that benefit from cross border tax breaks by UK staying part of the EU.

It's a shame the media has focused on the immigration portion of the leave campaign alone as there are some very sound taxation and business reasons behind a potential exit also.

To start with we'd be free to impose whatever taxation we like on Google, Starbucks and other multinationals that currently "choose" to pay no tax here by taking advantage of EU laws and international tax laws.

Cafe Nero for example haven't paid a single penny in Corporation Tax for 10 years as a result of this. This alone pisses me off as I paid £120K last year in taxes.

I also feel the use of the word "control" with reference to the immigration issue is counter productive. The reality is give the UK "Choice" of who enters, not only EU citizens that (should the UK leave the EU) would still have every right to apply to enter as any other person from any other country on the planet, they'd simply have to demonstrate they had a job to come to, were an asset to the UK and didn't have a criminal history.

Imagine how many well qualified staff this would give the NHS access to from the hundreds of countries currently outside the EU that are currently prevented from entering to work here due to our agreements with the EU and our necessity to have tighter worldwide borders due to having to deal with uncontrolled volumes of migration from mainland Europe. It simply isn't sustainable.

The idea that the vote to leave is based on any form of "Racism" is militant left wing clap trap and seems to become the default "insult" thrown at any opportunity whatsoever.

Rich Midge

TF
Esteemed
Reaction score
Read your own post back to yourself aloud. Then think for a moment and ask yourself which statement is more a campaign of Fear. The choice of chosing who enters our country or your rant above that accused the leave campaign of racism? Then ask yourself where the "EU money" that supported the NHS came from to start with.

I'm more inclined to trust business people than any politician and what I see are solid British businesses such as JCB and Dyson, two of the largest UK manufacturers backing BREXIT.

Look at the pro stay companies, they are predominantly non British multi nationals that benefit from cross border tax breaks by UK staying part of the EU.

It's a shame the media has focused on the immigration portion of the leave campaign alone as there are some very sound taxation and business reasons behind a potential exit also.

To start with we'd be free to impose whatever taxation we like on Google, Starbucks and other multinationals that currently "choose" to pay no tax here by taking advantage of EU laws and international tax laws.

Cafe Nero for example haven't paid a single penny in Corporation Tax for 10 years as a result of this. This alone pisses me off as I paid £120K last year in taxes.

I also feel the use of the word "control" with reference to the immigration issue is counter productive. The reality is give the UK "Choice" of who enters, not only EU citizens that (should the UK leave the EU) would still have every right to apply to enter as any other person from any other country on the planet, they'd simply have to demonstrate they had a job to come to, were an asset to the UK and didn't have a criminal history.

Imagine how many well qualified staff this would give the NHS access to from the hundreds of countries currently outside the EU that are currently prevented from entering to work here due to our agreements with the EU and our necessity to have tighter worldwide borders due to having to deal with uncontrolled volumes of migration from mainland Europe. It simply isn't sustainable.

The idea that the vote to leave is based on any form of "Racism" is militant left wing clap trap and seems to become the default "insult" thrown at any opportunity whatsoever.
Respectfully I disagree. The likes of BNP, EDL, even UKIP are inherently racist. I cannot comment on the tax issues you raised as in all honesty I simply don't know enough about the subject. I cannot put any faith in a campaign backed by those previously mentioned and the right wing press such as The S*n. Surely even if we leave the EU when trading with other European countries we'll be subject to European law. With regards to where the money comes from to begin with, I am well aware how much Britain contributes, but it's too a greater good. Given how my city (and my family personally) has benefited from EU membership I simply cannot give my vote to a campaign that could take that all away.

J

J Sid

@Rich Midge at least if we come out you will be able to vote for a government that has the power to keep giving you city money. If we stay in your hopes of more money for your city rest on the whims of unelected Brussel bureaucrats

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Vote Leave Or Vote Remain? in the General Off-topic Chat (nothing tile) area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

Replies you've not seen

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Teejay