Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Vote Leave Or Vote Remain? in the General Chat Forum | Tilers Talk area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

How will you vote in the EU referendum?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
Capture.PNG

If the sparkies are anything to go by, we're leaving the EU soon.

It made me want to make a poll here to vote on it.

Leave, stay, or not bothered?

OP
Dan

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
I think even if we knew nothing about it, the fact Obama, David Cameron, John Major and Tony Blair want us to stay in, we probably need to vote out. If they've pulled those two cronies out from the woodwork to do a press release, together, then I think they're worried that we're leaving and their back-handers will stop.

They're using scare tactics now to try and make us vote in. That alone shows there's no truth in their campaigns.

IMO of course.

OP
Dan

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
I've been counting the signs as I've been travelling to camping and whatnot.

I've seen trucks parked up, a massive building on the M6 dedicated to a massive banner the size of my street, a dozen farms with pickets, towns covered in bunting, cars with stickers - all saying leave.

And then about three council-funded banners saying stay in.

OP
Dan

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Leave, I've already voted using a postal vote.
Do you think it'll change much with import / export mate? (Don't have to be business-specific, I just mean generally - as you'd be in the know from that point of view)

C

Concrete guy

Do you think it'll change much with import / export mate? (Don't have to be business-specific, I just mean generally - as you'd be in the know from that point of view)

Exchange rates make a big difference. I've just put together our accounts and sent them to our accountant for the year end and for the last 12 months we've had to include a foreign Exchange Adjustment of £28,500.

Basically the uncertainty of the EU exit has cost us that much more to buy stock simply due to exchange rate fluctuation. That has more to do with import export than negotiating trade agreements.

We actually sell very little into the EU, Malta mostly, but we sell more worldwide than into the EU. Exports are still only 1% of our business though.

I see a leave vote putting us in a stronger position to be honest. No one is going to not trade with us because "we left their gang". If you look at the people all worried about leave they are politicians and multinationals that benefit from hefty cross border tax breaks.

Real British businesses are happy with the idea of out.

See the letter written to staff by boss of JCB firm Lord Bamford:- EU referendum: JCB chairman tells staff of Brexit support - BBC News

Or James Dyson:- EU referendum: Sir James Dyson says Britain better off out - BBC News

Following a leave vote there'll be 12 months of depressed exchange rates (meaning sterling is weak) bizarrely this makes exporting easier as it's cheaper for foreign customers to buy from us. So ironically we'd probably see an increase in export business.

A year or so down the line it will be business as normal and we will be setting our own stall out to trade openly with the whole world.

We'll also be able to pick and choose who comes in through the door from anywhere in the world not just 28 countries we currently have unlimited arrangements with.

OP
Dan

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Exchange rates make a big difference. I've just put together our accounts and sent them to our accountant for the year end and for the last 12 months we've had to include a foreign Exchange Adjustment of £28,500.

Basically the uncertainty of the EU exit has cost us that much more to buy stock simply due to exchange rate fluctuation. That has more to do with import export than negotiating trade agreements.

We actually sell very little into the EU, Malta mostly, but we sell more worldwide than into the EU. Exports are still only 1% of our business though.

I see a leave vote putting us in a stronger position to be honest. No one is going to not trade with us because "we left their gang". If you look at the people all worried about leave they are politicians and multinationals that benefit from hefty cross border tax breaks.

Real British businesses are happy with the idea of out.

See the letter written to staff by boss of JCB firm Lord Bamford:- EU referendum: JCB chairman tells staff of Brexit support - BBC News

Or James Dyson:- EU referendum: Sir James Dyson says Britain better off out - BBC News

Following a leave vote there'll be 12 months of depressed exchange rates (meaning sterling is weak) bizarrely this makes exporting easier as it's cheaper for foreign customers to buy from us. So ironically we'd probably see an increase in export business.

A year or so down the line it will be business as normal and we will be setting our own stall out to trade openly with the whole world.

We'll also be able to pick and choose who comes in through the door from anywhere in the world not just 28 countries we currently have unlimited arrangements with.

I think when Dyson finally went public, it made my mind up.

Revealed: Secret plan to open our borders to 1.5m Turks

This sealed the deal for me.

They're crafty eh.

Reply to Vote Leave Or Vote Remain? in the General Chat Forum | Tilers Talk area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmcdon47
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock