Search the forum,

Discuss Van or Estate car in the Business Advice, Tilers Van Insurance etc area at TilersForums.com.

L

LM

If your planning to keep it for a good length of time then go for one that has a good reliability record and that parts for don't cost a fortune, my recommendation would be a Ford, you'll pay a bit more for them but overall they are a very reliable van that don't cost a fortune to keep or repair if needs be.

F

Flintstone

I've always had good reliability from Vauxhall vans. Whatever you buy just try and get one with low ish miles and good history. It's very hard to find a good van second hand as they are all high miles and tatty bodywork, even ones a few years old

widler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Ive had a vito for the last 4 years , cracking van, brst van ive had .
You could get a vito , probably around a 09 reg for that kind of money.
They will run forever if its looked after, mines got around 150000 ont clock and it starts and drives like new

Kyle Knowles

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
For sure go for something bigger than a berlingo I have a vauxhall combo and it drives me mad not having enough room

W

WetSaw

I've got a Kangoo and it's perfect 99% of the time. Flip up roof and folding passenger seat means I can carry stuff you'd never think would go in a small van. Small enough to park anywhere. Downside is not being able to carry sheet materials without cutting in half.
I'm looking at a new van and can't decide whether the flip up roof is more important than a roof rack.

widler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
What's a flip up roof Paul .
My mate run a little restaurant in mijas a few years ago.
Don't know the name of it though . He is called Bruce though :)

W

WetSaw

bsp2-3-575x392-kangoo-ze.jpg renault-kangoo-furgon-diesel-003.jpg

The rear section of roof hinges up( and slides forward on newer models) so you can have long stuff sticking out. I've carried 5m wooden beams before!

Can't say I know any Bruces around here...

widler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Never seen them before , look ok .
Bruce does not live there anymore, was a few years ago , probably 8/10 years ago .

S

Stepneysteve

Hi Mike, I like you have just ventured into the world of Tiling, been doing it just weekends for friends and family at the mo, but getting made redundant at the end of this year and trying to get things in motion/ and my speed up to scratch, before Im out on me ear!!....I also didnt know whether to use a car of van, however after buying my 2nd hand Fiat Doblo ( ex SSE ) from Ebay for just over £2000, with 75K on the clock full service history, looks and drives like a dream...Im glad I went for a van.....However, as the guys have been saying I have managed to fill it up with shiny new tools, steps, buckets, Henry etc...just have enough room in now to get half a dozen bags of Addy in the back without having to move to much stuff, Good luck mate!...........On another note, for the more experienced lads........Would you have the van signwritten?....Ive been contemplating it, but worried about advertising what a big toolbox it is to some little scrote who might fancy playing with my Sigma!!!!

Reaction score
I had a van (merc sprinter) and now use a Volvo estate - need 4 seats for kids - that I'm slowly ruining. It's also too small. Am now thinking a navara or similar might be the answer. Could be the best of both worlds. Or the worst... :tearsofjoy:

Reply to Van or Estate car in the Business Advice, Tilers Van Insurance etc area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen