Discuss Van or Estate car in the Business Advice, Tilers Van Insurance etc area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

M

Michael

Thanks for all the advice guys, just handed my notice in to work today!! my venture begins in 2 weeks time, cant wait!! i have decided to go for a little fiat fiorino in the end, it will do the job and it looks smart. since im 22 insurance is really pricey and the fiorino brings it right down to a affordable amount, il get bigger as i progress and get a bigger van in the future maybe but it will be perfect at the moment. :thumbsup:

D

Dumbo

Thanks for all the advice guys, just handed my notice in to work today!! my venture begins in 2 weeks time, cant wait!! i have decided to go for a little fiat fiorino in the end, it will do the job and it looks smart. since im 22 insurance is really pricey and the fiorino brings it right down to a affordable amount, il get bigger as i progress and get a bigger van in the future maybe but it will be perfect at the moment. :thumbsup:
Good luck

G

GoneGuy

Hi Mike, I like you have just ventured into the world of Tiling, been doing it just weekends for friends and family at the mo, but getting made redundant at the end of this year and trying to get things in motion/ and my speed up to scratch, before Im out on me ear!!....I also didnt know whether to use a car of van, however after buying my 2nd hand Fiat Doblo ( ex SSE ) from Ebay for just over £2000, with 75K on the clock full service history, looks and drives like a dream...Im glad I went for a van.....However, as the guys have been saying I have managed to fill it up with shiny new tools, steps, buckets, Henry etc...just have enough room in now to get half a dozen bags of Addy in the back without having to move to much stuff, Good luck mate!...........On another note, for the more experienced lads........Would you have the van signwritten?....Ive been contemplating it, but worried about advertising what a big toolbox it is to some little scrote who might fancy playing with my Sigma!!!!
I've got my van sign written and had a few people come to me in car parks or parked outside a job asking if I want to do a bit of tiling for them so it does pay to advertise.
My van is fitted with slam locks as well so it's a bit more secure, you could always put a little sign on there saying no tools kept overnight ?

S

Stepneysteve

I've got my van sign written and had a few people come to me in car parks or parked outside a job asking if I want to do a bit of tiling for them so it does pay to advertise.
My van is fitted with slam locks as well so it's a bit more secure, you could always put a little sign on there saying no tools kept overnight ?
Adey, Cheers for the advice mate, think I will get it signwritten!!!

Reply to Van or Estate car in the Business Advice, Tilers Van Insurance etc area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
po-tay-toes
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks