Search the forum,

Discuss Uk Pro Tiling Training - Tiling Courses (formerly Nett) in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

daryn

Completed the course

Recently completed this course,Darren really explains things well ,very professional ,the business side iI thought was brill I got lots of inspiration.This is the first time I have been in a class room for 24 years but I settled in straight away ,we all had a good laugh and Tracey made us feel right at home supplying the tea and coffee.A canny lass we all thought.Anyway if you are looking for a good all round course this is the place to go to ,if you are nervous like I was about being back in a class room then dont worry ,you will soon feel at home.Things sometimes went over my head but the next day it all came very clear with no pressure,you can feel free to ask, there is no rush Darren will stay there until you all get it.

A

alexsmith

hi

hi all just thought i would let u know that this course is second to none darren and trace and the rest of the team are so friendly and willing to help you with anything they can the course is very full on and a lot to take in but u will leave on the forth day all the better for it and ready to take on the tiling world i would highly recermend the 5th day sorry about the spelling

W

Webbersafc

Awsome!!
If you want be get involved in this trade then this is the course you need to take!!!!!!! When you arrive you think how the hell will be able to do all this. but as the course progresses everything falls into place, its astonishing. I'd never touched a tile before going on this course, but now i feel that i could do a good job in any tiling situation. I'm going to take the jump into self employment in the new year, and its all thanks to Darren and all his great staff for giving me the confidence and the knowledge to make it happen. Thanks Guys i loved every minuet of it!!

A

alansp

just finished the course weekend gone there would recommend this course to anyone who was interested meets all your needs and gives you a lot of confidence, darren and tracey are great you can have a laugh aswell especially at some of darrens stories learning off someone with 22 years experience says it all ...........if your intersted in doing this course dont think about it just do it!!!

W

Woody123

Just finished my training at NETT

To any one thinking about taking this course then don't hesitate this is definately the only course you shoud consider!
Just finished my 5 days there including the Natural Stone course and it was fantastic! There's not really much more i can add from all the other testemonials on here but thought i should post anyway. The knowledge and confidence Darren gives you from his training is brilliant. He describes everything so simply its hard not to understand what he is teaching you. Before this course i would have been really intimidated going into a paying customers house and confidently displaying my knowledge so i could win the business from the customer but the tips Darren gives you are really great. Not giving away any secrets you will just have to try the course for yourself, you won't be disappointed! Darren is obviously a brilliant tiler but also he's so switched on as a businessman it would be stupid not to take all the advice he is giving you. Also a mention must go to tracey who really is a lovely down to earth person. She really looks aftter you. All the other guys are great who help Darren out in the workshop. Also the lads i was on the course with were really friendly and if any of you are reading then good luck with your future's! And if your reading this then cheers for all your help Darren, it was much appreciated.

Chris Woodward

T

tactile

i took this course in febuary 07. i hadnt lifted a tile in my life.

if theres one thing darren and tracy do, its fill you full of confidence. i was trembling with fear the first day thinking everyone there would be quite knowledgeable and i would be a total misfit.
by the last day i was so eager to get going that i felt i could tile anything.

and from that day, there hasnt been a job that i have worried about or felt was too hard for me.
darren is always there for after-course help and queries if you need him.

once he explains the basic rules of tiling everything else seems to fall in place.

i went to the course with 101 questions but didnt need to ask any. everything was totaly covered.
thanks for everything darren and tracy:yes:

J

john0612

Re: North East Tiling Training - Tyne and Wear

done the course on the 7th jan, had a good bunch of lads there and had a good laugh whilslt learning soo much. ( if any of you are lurking and not posting, well get yer finger out )

be prepared for long days, lots to take in but as said before, if you listen and pay attention you'll be the better for it.

you'll have our own notes as well as handouts, re-read once your finished and you'll get it.

Darren is a great teacher and colin and paul are great lads too.

Tracey keeps you supplied in the coffee/tea department and i'm still getting rid of it lol.

stayed at the kingsmere which was very good.

plenty of pubs, indians for £6 for 3 course meal
chinese was nice too.

CUSH68

TF
Reaction score

Was looking for a course in Scotland to save any travelling etc. But after seaching through loads of feedback the NETT course seemed to be head and shoulders above the rest. So booked up for 14th Jan.
Just finished the course including natural stone and can only agree with all previous feedack.
It was everything I required from a course and more. All aspects of running and maintaining a business were covered, from marketing to sales.And the actual tiling training was expertly done.Some of the techniques Darren has are unbelievable.
If your looking for a course that covers everything you need I couldn't recomend this one enough.Worth the travel.
Cheers
Mark

G

GRAYLIN

Happy New to you all,

I completed the course on 9th November 2007 I added the Natural Stone training to the course.

I took the course as I needed my bathroom tiling and could not get a tiler in my area. Although my wife located tilers they never followed up there promises. (There is a lesson here for all businessmen - do what you say, if you can,t then tell the client.)

Anyway back to the course. Over the past few years I have trained on several courses, Accountancy and Hypnotherapy. Darren is the best trainer I have had the pleasure of meeting.

Firstly Darren teaches the basics of business acumen. Your a business first and then a professional tiler.
The course is very intensive and you may feel that you will not remember everything. Don't panic, the handouts cover everything and as time goes by after the course, things come back to you.
The techniques Darren shares with you are brilliant even down to a tool he devised to save time. Time = Money!
These alone are worth the price of the course.
As an accountant I would advise my client to charger at least three times Darrens price.
Darren pushes you during the practical part but this proofs to you your true potential. For me I didn't realise I could tile that fast to an acceptable standard.
The Natural Stone course on Friday was again worth its price and to me while you are there you might as well come away totally qualified, especially if your travelling quite a distance to South Shields.
I bought all my tools from Darren and left fully aremed to tackle any tiling job.
I am now starting the New Year with a new profession.

To sum up I now have the training and knowledge to talk to prospective clients and tradesmen with total confidence. They will believe I have been in the profession for several years without a doubt. All because of the knowledge Darren shares with us on the North East Tiling Training course.

Darren's better half Tracey is brilliant at supplying the teas and coffees (Darren doesn't like stopping for breaks because he has so much knowledge to share), and a listening ear if required.

I came home and decided that the tiling in the kitchen was rubbish. So I have tiled the bathroom and kitchen floor and walls. This alone has covered my costs and I have a trade.

Cheers Darren, Tracey and staff.

I stayed at the Athol House B&B, idealy situated 5 mins from the classroom and town centre. Thanks Duncan.

Sorry for the long winded essay but I feel it is important that future pupils are aware of just how much they will learn.
God Luck
Graham

Reply to Uk Pro Tiling Training - Tiling Courses (formerly Nett) in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm new to the forum and fairly new to tiling, my only previous "proper" job was my recent...
Replies
Views
Hello there, Relatively recently we had a new en-suite fitted (complete rip out of the old...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen