Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Uk Pro Tiling Training - Tiling Courses (formerly Nett) in the Tiling News; Tile News area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Last edited:
B

buffalo soldier

Re: North East tile Training - Tyne and Wear

I have to say I really did enjoy all my 3 courses for plastering, tile and plumbing,
All three of the guys were great teachers, Darren :thumbsup: Chris:thumbsup: and of course what’s his name :oops:
Only joking Derek Bless him you sometimes could hug the little man !!:stupid: I would do it all again if only to wind him up about using sealant for plastering :lol: but watch it he'll put a hole in you ceiling for you troubles :prrr:(great times )
I really learnt a huge amount during my time there a great set of people doing the same course's
even the famous (or should that be Infamous?:mad2:) Abdul:yikes: what a great bloke, he alone will go down in history.:13:
All in all I have now started my own business in Scotland and have started already bringing work and best of all satisfaction in my work, Personally I can't ask anymore than that.
Thanks all Rob Eddy :cheers2:

U

united

I would recommend NETT to anyone. I did the 4 day tile course and the 1 day Natural Stone course at the end of Oct this year. I learnt so much in such a short period of time. I hadnt even picked up a tile and after being a salesman for most of my life I didnt think I could tile but thought I would give it a go. The way Darren delivers the course and the tips he gives you mean anyone can do it.

The Natural Stone course is a must as it ties up all the information from the week and gives you the knowledge around Natural Stone.

I'm now trying to soak up as much information as possible from this forum and saving up to start buying some tools and hope that one day I can set up my own tile business.

Thank-you Darren and everyone at NETT

G

Gregs99

I went on the 4 day tile course followed by the 1 day Natural Stone in October. Being from Manchester I had to stay in the area for the duration. After reading many reviews about the course I decided this was the one and I'm glad I did.
I had done a small bit of DIY tile before but felt ashamed after what I learnt in the week.
It's not easy, there is alot to learn in such a small time scale but Darren tries to teach you as must as he can, as long as you LISTEN.
After completion i felt that I had learnt so much and was worried I would forget, but even now I can remember most things and I haven't done any tile yet. You also get a very handy set of notes that explain everything you have done.
The 1 day natural stone course was very interesting and I'm sure will come in very handy.

All in all I would recommend this course to anybody who wants to get into tile, even if you are not local, Tracey helped me sort out a very good B&B.

Thanks to everyone at NETT.

Mark

F

faithhealer

Well done mark, another satisfied NETT customer

S

Steve H

Hi Everyone, I have just completed the 9 day tile course with NETT as part of my resettlement training for leaving the Navy. I would commend the course to anyone who is looking for an introduction to the basics of starting your own tile business. Mick (Michael to the grown ups in room 326) has many years of tile experience and a good, easy teaching manner. He will have you creating borders and insets that you never thought possible, in just 4 days. The Natural Stone day is highly recommended, I believe that this is probably where the future (and the money) lies.
Thanks to all at Nett (Darren, Tracey, Tracey, Stacey and Mick) and the guys doing the plastering and plumbing courses.
Steve

UKTT Darren

TF
TF Official Sponsor
Subscribed
Reaction score

Thanks Steve
Best of luck for the future, still good to here the positive feedback, any questions just let me know
Regards
Darren :thumbsup:

U

UTP

Hi,

I very recently did the 5 day tile (with Mike) and 5 day plastering courses with NETT in South Shields. Being self-employed already as a plumber I wanted the skills needed to apply them for bathroom refits. I looked long and hard as to what was available out there and very little compared for a course that offered value for money, skills and qualifications. The (EDL) qualifications being vital for me to get covered by insurance to do the work.
The courses offered by Darren and co. actually offered more than that with sound business advice as well. Its a sound vote of confidence that half the people on the course during the week were all out of area...Liverpool, London, Glasgow, etc...

As it was with Darren's excellent advice on how to sell yourself to customers I actually managed to bag a job doing a full on bathroom refit to completely tile the room. This course offered by NETT was invaluable to me producing a satisfactory end product that my customers were completely over the moon with! None of which would have been achieved without my recently learned skills.

A big thanks to North East Tile Training from...

Craig @

Last edited by a moderator:
U

user123

I agree, I haven't regretted doing the course with NETT for one minute..:thumbsup:

W

Wayneyboy

Well i have just finished a 4 day tile course with NETT, I am a hard person to please with high expectations but on this occasion i have to admit the course was perfect. From the moment you speak to Tracey on the phone you automatically no your dealing with professional people. When you join the course your instantly welcomed into the NETT way of training, no nonsense, to long winded explanations just straight to the point facts and tips. I have done some tile before in my house but nothing could have prepared me for the amount of knowledge and experience that this course has given me. I have recently left a decent job and looked to NETT to provide me with the skills to become self employed, already i have been given the confidence, business grounding and back up to assist me in doing this, the business cards are now ordered, the websites live and its all down to the fantastic teaching and course structure delivered by Darren, Tracey and the team..

Now many courses i have been on in the past take your money, you get your certificate and you move on, but through the week i have seen many people arrive at NETT for advice, to call in and at all times these people have been made very welcome (how often does a course provider do that).

Im pleased to say i have booked onto natural stone tile, plumbing and plastering and i'm looking extremely forward to completeing these course with these guys. I shall keep you all informed of my progress..

A highly recommended course for anyone even considering a course in tile.

Thanks you to everyone at NETT

F

foxman

Hi wayne, mick here NETT tile tutor really pleased you enjoyed the course and its always nice when people leave this kind of feed back, remember any questions you have dont hesitate to call in or ring us and myself or Darren will answer them look forward to seeing you again , cheers Mick

F

funkymaggot

I finished my tile course at NETT a couple of weeks ago (currently doing the plastering course).

I would recommend the course at NETT to anyone who wants to learn how to tile, whether it is for DIY or with a view to setting up your own business.

The course is well structured, well ran and packed full of information. Although there is a lot to take in over a relatively small space of time, the way the course is structured (listen, watch then do) means the information sinks in without you even realising it. I did the 9 day course (4 day tile, 1 day Natural Stone and 4 day advanced) which has definately given me the confidence to get out there and get on with it.

I have also completed the Plumbing course that NETT offers and am currently in the process of completing the Plastering course. These courses are structured in exactly the same way and give you all of the information and confidence you need to be able to make a living from any or all of the.

I would like to give a big thanks to Darren and Tracey (and also Mick, Alex and Derek) for all of their help over the last few weeks, and hopefully giving my life a complete change of direction - from sitting on a production line in a factory to doing something a bit more enjoyable!!

Mick.

S

sambilly

Go for it Mick, i did a couple of years ago and never looked back......

UKTT Darren

TF
TF Official Sponsor
Subscribed
Reaction score

Thanks for the feedback, nice to here you still are doing well after a couple of years

T

Triffid

These guys are brilliant, I have mentioned them in other responses. I did the 4 day tile and 1 day natural stone course and the 5 day plastering and coving course. Gave me enough confidence to set up myself but I will be going back at somethime to do some more and the bathroom installation course too.

I start my first (paid) job (plastering) on Monday :0 :)

Oh, also ordered a load of tools from them late Tuesday and they arrived yesterday afternoon!! :)

Many thanks guys, hope to see you all again in the not too distant future.

UKTT Darren

TF
TF Official Sponsor
Subscribed
Reaction score

Thanks Glyn, best of luck with the plastering job, you have my personal email just in case you need anything, let us know how you get on
Regards
Darren

Reply to Uk Pro Tiling Training - Tiling Courses (formerly Nett) in the Tiling News; Tile News area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmcdon47
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock