Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Uk Pro Tiling Training - Tiling Courses (formerly Nett) in the Tiling News; Tile News area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Last edited:
J

Jimmy the retar

Re: North East tile Training - Tyne and Wear

I have fairly recently completed the course and feel it is appropriate to leave some not so positive feedback to give others who may want to go on the course some food for thought.
In my opinion the course is most definately not for absolute begineers, you definately need DIY experience and some tile experience wil make it much easier for you.You do learn a lot and Darren does know what he is talking about and things do stick with you after you have gone but I feel certain points are skimmed over and you are left a little lost and at times if you dont get it made to feel a bit silly.
A day or two is the business side of things which should be advertised as for some people who have no interest in starting up a business is a total waste of time and you dont get enough time to hone your skills.
It is a decent course but more times needs to be spent on the important things like tile and not business names but there you go, I hope other people will read this and look into whether a week is long enough.

UKTT Darren

TF
TF Official Sponsor
Subscribed
Reaction score

Thanks for your feedback, our reputation is built upon people successfully making a change into tile as a career, which is why people come to us, to make a living at tile you have to know how to set up, public liabilities, trade accounts and keeping accounts, how to price jobs and find business etc which takes up 1 morning of your course, then there is all the different backgrounds and preparations, different tiles and adhesives, setting out applications that you have to know and understand, there is more to tile than sticking tiles on a wall which some people dont realize, obviously the information is no good to you if you arent interested in a tile career and coming across multiple jobs but 97% of the people we get are and thankfull for the advice recieved as the 230 previous testimonials reflect, the course is aimed at anyone with little or no tile experience and 95 % of people who attend our course have done nothing or very little tile before they come, but in all forms of learning some people pick things up quicker than others so maybe somepeople that have never done any DIY in any shape or form before, may need a longer course to get the message through, trouble is its gonna cost you 3 times the price to practice what you could practice for free after leaving with the correct knowledge of how to do, in your own time.

The course is run with a perfect structure, and the business names that you made reference to which we talked about for 5 minutes was relative to the topic that we were on at the time which was business cards and obtaining a trade account at tile shops which the other 8 on your course wanted to know.

Im sorry that the course didnt suit your needs and we hide nothing about the fact that what we deliver is to make you start a successfull career in tile, from knowing how to set out, fix tiles perfectly and correctly, to how to deal with every situation your likely to find yourself in and obviously get the business in the first place, because if you dont win the business from a customer, you aint gonna do any tile.

Even if you are comming on for your own puposes you will be more than capeable of doing what you need to do on your own projects
I resect your opinion which you are entitled to, anybody that has been on the course knows i put more than 100% into making you understand the best i can, thats why some times the courses go on til 6.30 pm, i stay back to make sure you all get it right
Still, cant win em all i suppose, bet you find that you do a good job of your house after what you learned on the course any way
Regards
Darren

Last edited:
F

foxman

Hi, i did the NETT course in 2006 and i have never looked back. I was employed as a telephone engineer and had never tiled before. I was impressed straight away with the professional and honest attitude when i inquired about the course, Tracey, Darrens wife was fantastic and really impressed me so i booked the course. Although a little nervous on the day you are soon made to feel at ease the way the course is structured, there is a lot to take in so pay attention! Darren really nows his stuff, and after 22 years of being a professional tiler taken this experience, and shows you the tried and tested methods, the tricks of the trade and the knowledge. The thing that impressed me was that everyone by the end of the course could tile even if you havent picked a tile up before. And when you stand back you feel really proud of what you have achieved. I also did the natural stone course which is a must, a lot of people are putting stone on the their walls and floors and you have to now what your doing or you will run into costly problems! If you need any advice on a job you can call Darren or E mail him and he always gets back to you with sound advice, NETT have also called me a few times with work, one job that saw me pack my bags for Aberdeen lasting 6 months, this was fantastic experience as it consisted of a 1200 square meter granite floor and then tile all the bathrooms, spa, gym,wet rooms and toilets in the Mal Maison Hotel, dont get me wrong you wouldnt take anything on this size straight away you will probably do jobs for friends and family and gain more experience and confidence then go onto bigger projects. I feel i have achieved this all because of NETT a fantastic course well worth every penny. I still see darren and Tracey quite often as i only live a few miles from the course, i go and get tools and supplies from the great range Darren has, and every time i go i always get a bit more advice from Darren. Overall for me this course has changed my life, i now have my own business ALL ABOUT TILES i cant recommend this course highly enough. If anyone wants to call me about the course my number is 07947868248. Cheers Michael Rose.

E

Edohanion

Just finished the 4 day tile course, and 1 day natural stone course at NETT and have to give all involved 10 out of 10. It may only be a short course but its 'All killer, No filler'. Yes it might help if you have a little (very) basic D.I.Y knowledge, yes there is a lot of information to take in - but you have comprehensive notes to review in your own time - and yes its fast paced but you only get out what you put in.
Darren is a great teacher and imparts skills, tips, tricks and vital information clearly and concisely over the 4 days. In my opinion its a great course for those wishing to set up in business or just wanting to improve their tile skills for DIY etc. I have no hesitation in recommending the course to anyone and am looking forward to the 3 day advanced course next week.
Thanks again to Darren and the rest of the team :hurray:

L

Little5

Recently completed the NETT course, and although I knew a wee bit about tile the course opened my eyes to all the professional ways of doing things, particularly if you were thinking of going into your own business.
Darren, Tracey and all the staff were extremely helpful and informative.
Darren knows what he's talking about and puts everything into simple terms, although the course is ran at a fast pace.
Excellent course content ran by some very nice people.
I would thoroughly recommend to anyone wanting to learn more about tile, DIY or professionally.

A

annick9915

Hi all,
Ive completed 3 weeks out of the 4 and the new knowledge that Darren Paul Colin(who's in Spain now) and Derek have instilled in me is amazing. I have done lots of DIY over the years ie double glazing conservatory own bathroom and kitchen along with all the tile that goes with it, but i wish that i had possessed the knowledge then that I have now after the intensive but enjoyable course at North East tile Training. Even for a beginner the instruction if you LISTEN is easy to follow and when you start actually doing hands on it is not complicated. I cannot praise this team enough with there style of teaching making a very hard course easy to follow. Tracey (Darren's wife) is always on hand and if you call she will give a comprehensive insite into what the course entails. The atmosphere makes for an enjoyable learning experience. Darren also ofers a back-up service so that if you encounter a problem he will advise you the best solution to solve it and with his 22 years experience you can bet its the best solution going. Thanks Darren and all the team, I hope to go on and make a success of this new venture even at my age.

G

GarethK

Hi all,

I was on the 4-day tile course a couple of weeks ago and would have no qualms in endorsing Darren and his team to deliver an excellent, thorough, fast paced course which gives you the confidence, skills and knowlege to make excellent headway in the tile game.

His methods are obviously the product of many years experience and his distilled wisdom was worth the price paid. I was so shocked to learn that one of the other guys on the course had been on another training course elsewhere (Essex?) and had came away with very little knowlege and bad habits as well as a massive hole in his wallet. My advice - get booked on this course even if it means you have to travel and stay in a B&B.

lcjohno

TF
Reaction score

Hi all. I finished my 8 day tile course at NETT on Wednesday and i thought the course was excellent! I was really unsure of what course to do but i knew i wanted to do tile. After reading the feedback on this fourm i opted for NETT. I'm really pleased i did, the course gives you so much information to take in at once but its what you need to know, everything Darren said is important to becoming a tiler including all the business side of things. The course is backed up with loads of notes you can look back at any time which is good to have. I'm due to start my first job on Monday, which is only family, but i'm confident of doing a good job. I've also got 3 jobs to quote from other people i know. If

P

python

hi all. i have just finished the 8 day course with darren and the team, as others have said its very fast paced. but is delivered in a way that it stays with you after you leave. i traveled a long way from scotland to be there and have no problems recomending the course to anyone. darren, tracy and the team are all great people and you will not regret the life changing experience. im just starting my first job and feel confident knowing i was trained to a high standard. cheers. jon :hurray:

D

Derry

i did the 3 day advanced course.
would reccomend it to anyone, learned plenty of techniques and more awkward jobs, cuts, setting out etc.
thumbs up again to darren and tracey and massive thanks to paul who took the course.

D

Dodge

Hi, I did the 4 day tile course last week, and will be returning to the centre for my natural stone course. Its hard to add to all the comments already made by people as they are all correct and everything has been covered.

However, to anyone undecided about the course, I am extremely pleased with the service I received in return for my fees and would recommend the course to anyone interested in either setting up as a tiler or just interested in doing the course. I am a fireman myself, and looking to get tile work around my shift pattern.

Darren, Tracy and Colin are all extremely helpful and are more than willing to go out of their way to help.

Thanks,

Dodge

D

Daz Gray

Hi just to let you all know im a local lad to south shields lived here 37 years and wish i knew north east tile trainig was here years ago nevermind .The course was worth every penny (the wife) has ever spent just done 5 of the 8 day course back next week for the rest its been great a bit daunting however very informative Darren really does know his stuff infact theres nothing he doesnt know about the trade . Ive done a bit of tile over the years thought i knew it all but didnt feally have a clue compared to now looking forward to next week to be bombarded with even more thanks Darren and Tracey and the rest of the team good luck for the future Thanks Daz south shields

C

Consett John

Big thankyou to Darren at N.E.T.T. had a great week on the tile course,Lots to take in and lots of questions to ask :smilewinkgrin: Always seem to end up in a good group of people too, hope you have all enjoyed your extra 3 days . Have landed my first job today, Kitchen :plaster ,splashbacks,slate floor and electric matt under floor heating!Good job we had that talk on slate on fridays natural stone day.going to look at a bathroom in the morning 2.Best of luck to you all,and thanks again to all at nett:hurray:

D

Daz Gray

Well ive done my last 3 days this week and this too was just as informative than last week . Like i said after my first week i thought i could tile before but didnt however i do now and its now down to me to start getting work and to perfect the technique.Good luck to alll the team Darren,Tracey,Paul ,Colin and Derek the plasterer.

D

dan@its

Hi

Went on the course beggining of January and it was the best thing i have done. I had never lifted a tile before in my life, i got advised to go on the course and now a have a rappidly growing business... Need i say more???

Just want to say thanks to Darren, Tracey and the rest of the team...

Would recommend the course to anyone

Danny

Reply to Uk Pro Tiling Training - Tiling Courses (formerly Nett) in the Tiling News; Tile News area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
chris14498
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock