Search the forum,

Discuss Topps Tiles in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

DevonR

You'll still get a bit of cash knocked off for your first 2 purchases as well, just not as much as when your trade. The prices (and service) are worth the wait mate, honest.

P

Paul Sh

I opend one at topps a couple of weeks ago, i had one reciept from wickes in my pocket and they said that would do, something to do with the VAT Number on it (i think),
also opend one at Tile it All, all i gave them was one of my cards and i had to fill in a form with some personal details on it, name and address etc.. will be activated within a week, dead easy. My plan is, if a customer tells me they got my card from Topps then i will buy the gear for that job from Topps and the same goes for Tile it All, can't be more fair in my oppinion.

G

GazTech

I opend one at topps a couple of weeks ago, i had one reciept from wickes in my pocket and they said that would do, something to do with the VAT Number on it (i think),
also opend one at Tile it All, all i gave them was one of my cards and i had to fill in a form with some personal details on it, name and address etc.. will be activated within a week, dead easy. My plan is, if a customer tells me they got my card from Topps then i will buy the gear for that job from Topps and the same goes for Tile it All, can't be more fair in my oppinion.
Every credit ,seems very fair ,much respect to you bruv
icon14.gif
icon7.gif

P

Paul Sh

Was also thinking of getting any salesman/woman to write their first name on the back of the card when giving it to a customer, that way i can give that person a little cash in hand, don't want to cause any fights though lol, What do you reckon, would that be the done thing or a bit to pushy.

G

GazTech

Was also thinking of getting any salesman/woman to write their first name on the back of the card when giving it to a customer, that way i can give that person a little cash in hand, don't want to cause any fights though lol, What do you reckon, would that be the done thing or a bit to pushy.
It would be much appreciated by me Paul!!!golden virginia and Guinness please:wink_smile:

B

brian c

Fair play to GAZ on this one as he helped myself open an account with TOPPS.TOP MAN.:happy:

T

tjsmiler

I opened my account with topps today....have tried to do it a few times but kept forgetting to take my receipts in with me, i was allready on friendly terms with the lads in the store so when i went in today i spoke to the manager and plonked about 200 recipts from another store in front of him and told him that i really want to start using topps as my supplier. He opened it up straight away lol really nice feller (i find they are all nice at all topps's) ended up buying £270 worth of slate off him plus a load of sticky and grout. In return for this he pushed a customer my way who was in the store looking for a tiler, i9 went straight around his house and got the job for £750 in his bathroom.... pretty good eh??

TJ
----
By the way, they are all nice people at topps and very helpful too but there is one person i have been told to avoid because he wets himself when he gets excited....am not saying any names but he is in Preston!!! lol

Last edited by a moderator:
G

GazLC81

Will I be able to open a Topps trade account with a receipt from another tile supplier (Pilkingtons) for some adhesive,spacers and grout etc and a receipt from B&Q for some tiles?

Got letterheads and business cards etc to.

Or will I need to do what is described above?

Cheers
Gaz

P

Paul Sh

Will I be able to open a Topps trade account with a receipt from another tile supplier (Pilkingtons) for some adhesive,spacers and grout etc and a receipt from B&Q for some tiles?

Got letterheads and business cards etc to.

Or will I need to do what is described above?

Cheers
Gaz
That should suffice, i opend one with one single receipt from wickes and it wasn't even tiling related, it's something to do with the VAT number i think, other Topps stores may have a different method but i doubt it, to save you a trip just ring and ask them:icon7:

Reply to Topps Tiles in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
The trustpilot reviews for tilers-world are excellent, but there's not a huge number of them...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen