Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Topps Tiles in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

G

GazTech

Was also thinking of getting any salesman/woman to write their first name on the back of the card when giving it to a customer, that way i can give that person a little cash in hand, don't want to cause any fights though lol, What do you reckon, would that be the done thing or a bit to pushy.
It would be much appreciated by me Paul!!!golden virginia and Guinness please:wink_smile:

B

brian c

Fair play to GAZ on this one as he helped myself open an account with TOPPS.TOP MAN.:happy:

T

tjsmiler

I opened my account with topps today....have tried to do it a few times but kept forgetting to take my receipts in with me, i was allready on friendly terms with the lads in the store so when i went in today i spoke to the manager and plonked about 200 recipts from another store in front of him and told him that i really want to start using topps as my supplier. He opened it up straight away lol really nice feller (i find they are all nice at all topps's) ended up buying £270 worth of slate off him plus a load of sticky and grout. In return for this he pushed a customer my way who was in the store looking for a tiler, i9 went straight around his house and got the job for £750 in his bathroom.... pretty good eh??

TJ
----
By the way, they are all nice people at topps and very helpful too but there is one person i have been told to avoid because he wets himself when he gets excited....am not saying any names but he is in Preston!!! lol

Last edited by a moderator:
G

GazLC81

Will I be able to open a Topps trade account with a receipt from another tile supplier (Pilkingtons) for some adhesive,spacers and grout etc and a receipt from B&Q for some tiles?

Got letterheads and business cards etc to.

Or will I need to do what is described above?

Cheers
Gaz

P

Paul Sh

Will I be able to open a Topps trade account with a receipt from another tile supplier (Pilkingtons) for some adhesive,spacers and grout etc and a receipt from B&Q for some tiles?

Got letterheads and business cards etc to.

Or will I need to do what is described above?

Cheers
Gaz
That should suffice, i opend one with one single receipt from wickes and it wasn't even tiling related, it's something to do with the VAT number i think, other Topps stores may have a different method but i doubt it, to save you a trip just ring and ask them:icon7:

G

GazTech

I will spell it out lads,2 reciepts even from a brothel,as long as there is a vat number on it!!!! that will do.To register a trader is not to question the trader ............it is only an exercise to see if the topps employee can register them am i clear??????????????/
----
can we please stop this thread Dan?

P

Paul Sh

Gaz @ Topps ---- can we please stop this thread Dan?[/quote said:
In a minute:icon7: Why do they need a VAT number (curiosity only):icon7:

G

GazTech

Good point DAVID,if you are not VAT registered ,why would a company as big as Topps want to deal with someone as small and insignificant as you?

G

GazTech

i dont use topps . bored just thought i'd ask u summet lol lol
C.T.D. better . lol
'kin hilarious
icon8.gif

G

GazTech

In a minute:icon7: Why do they need a VAT number (curiosity only):icon7:
When registering any new trader,the screen we use asks for these specifics.Post code,1st line of the address or house name, telephone number,2 suppliers names,suppliers VAT number,(NOT YOURS DOH )1st line off reciept ie which goods,and an amount for those goods.If any of the above mentioned are not input,registration is denied.If anyone wants to know why,or cannot understand the policy, Topps tiles head office number is on the Topps website,I'm sure they will be happy to explain. l
icon14.gif

Reply to Topps Tiles in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowpaul22
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks