Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Topps Tiles in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

T

T & P

Is it just my local Topps Tiles or does this apply everywhere. I went to set up a trade card/account and Topps told me I had to make a couple of purchases and then on the third visit they would let me buy trade. They told me that this applied at all there branches and was company policy. It that right? There are plenty of other tiling shop round by me and I don't know whether to bother with Topps.

D

DevonR

Re: Tops Tiles

What else do you expect?
At the end of the day you could be any Tom, Dick or Harry just trying to get gear on the cheap for your own home.
There is no limit on what you buy as your first 3 purchases so play it wise and buy 3 smaller items or 3 items for your first job seperately - sorted.

To be fair you still get discount on these purchases, just not as much as full trade.
Hope that helps.

T

T & P

What else do you expect?
At the end of the day you could be any Tom, Dick or Harry just trying to get gear on the cheap for your own home.
There is no limit on what you buy as your first 3 purchases so play it wise and buy 3 smaller items or 3 items for your first job seperately - sorted.

To be fair you still get discount on these purchases, just not as much as full trade.
Hope that helps.

When you go in with you Certificate of Incorporation for your company, business cards, letter heads and details of your website you do not expect to be treated like any Tom Dick or Harry trying to get a bit of cheap gear when you are obviously a boni fide tiling company.

T

tony TLC

not a fan of topps myself but gaz will explane co policy sorry i as no help:icon9:

D

DevonR

When you go in with you Certificate of Incorporation for your company, business cards, letter heads and details of your website you do not expect to be treated like any Tom Dick or Harry trying to get a bit of cheap gear when you are obviously a boni fide tiling company.

To be honest you took my comment a bit personal, it wasn't aimed at you specifically bud. Look it's the same procedure for everyone not just you.
If you get on with them instead of kicking off they'll sort you out. I only made one purchase and the next time I went in I got my card (with my second purchase), I did spend time to go to the shop and have a chat with them all though. Now I go in and there like mates as opposed to anything else.
Give them a break, they have there jobs to do and corporate policy is corporate policy.

T

T & P

Sorry about that Devon its just that things are hard enough when you are just starting out but there again nobody said it was going to be easy and I don't expect it to be but I'm trying to go self employed to get away from a an organisation that does everything by corporate rules and it's more that my jobs worth to show a bit of inititive/commonsense attitude. Topps attitude came as a bit of a suprise considering everyone else I have dealt with in setting up this business viewed me a potential customer who was going to be a source of income for them and could not do enough to help. Sorry for the rant I'll play by the rules and the guys at Topps were very nice about the whole thing and I'm sure we will get on well.

G

GazTech

I always bend over backwards for my Trade guys.20 yrs I bought almost exclusivly from them and have tiled for them.The policy on trade discount has just been reviewed,and the discount structure is based on how regularly you buy,and how much.A registered account can be 2 yrs old but only had two purchases ,discount for them will be very minimal.However a trader making 50 or more purchases a year will be entitled to full whack.why should one of my regular trade lads buying from and supporting Topps for 20 or so years(hopefully this will be you coops),have to pay the same for stuff that a fly by night,Tom,Javed or Harriet,does for one tiling job at home.I do not at all register anyone who does not prove to me that tiling is their living.Having a second cousin,twice removed whos done a bit of tiling before does not qualify.I have also registered a couple of lads on this forum because I have seen their work,and am convinced of their commitment I hope this all makes sense coops and look forward to your reply GAZ @ TOPPS PRESTON
icon14.gif

T

T & P

Thanks Gaz@Topps

I'll play by the rules. Going into Topps on Tuesday to buy my first bags of addy for a job towards the end of the week. If I then go in at the weekend and buy the grout for the job will that then count as 2 purchases and I will be able to get trade price for future purchases? :wink_smile:

D

DevonR

You'll still get a bit of cash knocked off for your first 2 purchases as well, just not as much as when your trade. The prices (and service) are worth the wait mate, honest.

P

Paul Sh

I opend one at topps a couple of weeks ago, i had one reciept from wickes in my pocket and they said that would do, something to do with the VAT Number on it (i think),
also opend one at Tile it All, all i gave them was one of my cards and i had to fill in a form with some personal details on it, name and address etc.. will be activated within a week, dead easy. My plan is, if a customer tells me they got my card from Topps then i will buy the gear for that job from Topps and the same goes for Tile it All, can't be more fair in my oppinion.

G

GazTech

I opend one at topps a couple of weeks ago, i had one reciept from wickes in my pocket and they said that would do, something to do with the VAT Number on it (i think),
also opend one at Tile it All, all i gave them was one of my cards and i had to fill in a form with some personal details on it, name and address etc.. will be activated within a week, dead easy. My plan is, if a customer tells me they got my card from Topps then i will buy the gear for that job from Topps and the same goes for Tile it All, can't be more fair in my oppinion.
Every credit ,seems very fair ,much respect to you bruv
icon14.gif
icon7.gif

P

Paul Sh

Was also thinking of getting any salesman/woman to write their first name on the back of the card when giving it to a customer, that way i can give that person a little cash in hand, don't want to cause any fights though lol, What do you reckon, would that be the done thing or a bit to pushy.

Reply to Topps Tiles in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowpaul22
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks