Discuss Tile trim advice - opinion on install and remedial work in the America area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
Hi, new to forum and after some advice after a professional install. Just had kitchen splashbacks tiled and the finish of the corners on the edge trim is really bothering me. I've spent a lot of money on the kitchen and this is bothering me to the point where I'd be willing to rip all the tiles off and start again. What are your thoughts on it? It doesn't seem right to me and I'd really appreciate advice about:

1. Whether they've been installed correctly
2. How can they be removed or remedied

Otherwise I think the tiling is good.

Many thanks
image_67216641.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_8968.jpg
    334.9 KB · Views: 31
  • image_67145217.JPG
    234.6 KB · Views: 29
  • image_50395393.JPG
    308.1 KB · Views: 31
Reaction score
Looks horribly sharp too. That definitely needs dressing back with a file.
It might be worth trying to make a filler from filings and super glue to see if it can be saved before doing anything too drastic.

Reaction score
Looks like he had the right idea of cutting the trim with a 45 degree mitre but the execution is poor I agree it looks untidy should get him back too replace.

Reaction score
You can get the trim out pretty easy if you use a chisel and a hammer hitting it upwards but by how he left it I don’t think he’s capable of doing that.

Reply to Tile trim advice - opinion on install and remedial work in the America area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawz84
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks