Search the forum,

Discuss Tile trim advice - opinion on install and remedial work in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
Hi, new to forum and after some advice after a professional install. Just had kitchen splashbacks tiled and the finish of the corners on the edge trim is really bothering me. I've spent a lot of money on the kitchen and this is bothering me to the point where I'd be willing to rip all the tiles off and start again. What are your thoughts on it? It doesn't seem right to me and I'd really appreciate advice about:

1. Whether they've been installed correctly
2. How can they be removed or remedied

Otherwise I think the tiling is good.

Many thanks
image_67216641.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_8968.jpg
    334.9 KB · Views: 31
  • image_67145217.JPG
    234.6 KB · Views: 29
  • image_50395393.JPG
    308.1 KB · Views: 31
Reaction score
Looks horribly sharp too. That definitely needs dressing back with a file.
It might be worth trying to make a filler from filings and super glue to see if it can be saved before doing anything too drastic.

Reaction score
Looks like he had the right idea of cutting the trim with a 45 degree mitre but the execution is poor I agree it looks untidy should get him back too replace.

Reaction score
You can get the trim out pretty easy if you use a chisel and a hammer hitting it upwards but by how he left it I don’t think he’s capable of doing that.

Reply to Tile trim advice - opinion on install and remedial work in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen