Discuss Tile Adhesive Poll 2012 - best tile adhesive for floor and walls in the Tile Retail | Wholesale | Import / Export Tile area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

S

Spud

This surprises me..... Mapei have some of the most advanced products on the market and the tech back up is second to none. I have been in Mapei tech dept at their HQ in Halesowen when a tiler phoned up with a complex scenario. They really couldn't do enough to help him out!
I have to agree with Blocko their technical support is really good

T

Turkish tiler

I do use mapei products all the way
I agree with blocko and gary about mapei tech. I have meet couple of them when I been in halesowen great guys

G

Gazzer

I had actually expected Weber to do better but I am also surprise with how well BAL is doing too....always makes good reading these figures. :thumbsup:

S

stevenflynn

I've been using Weber as my main choice... really its down to where I purchase. Can't complain with Mapei either. For me the 2 best in it.

afright

TF
Reaction score
Just a thought, is it because Mapei is more available on the market that it is the most popular, in my area there are a few that stock Mapei where as Weber is only stocked at one outlet but my opinion is that Weber is far better adhesive but I do use Mapei as it would mean a 80 mile round trip if I needed more weber on the day,I do think Weber should be stocked in more outlets.

D

DHTiling

I agree on the Weber comment, CTD have kind of took hold with Weber as they are both owned by Saint-Gobain .. so are Weber are shooting themselves in the foot by making it harder for other retailers stocking their products .

My supplier PHG Stone enquired about being a weber stockist and he was told he had to use CTD... Unless you are prepared to buy in mass stock then they will not let him buy direct.

I know of one other supplier up here and that is westerhope tiles and Leo was selling Weber before CTD tried to take up the Weber market here in the northeast.

IMO retailers should be allowed to buy direct from any adhesive comp without these kind of deal with CTD only rules.

I know tile town sell weber as well but any others on here who are stuck to dealing with CTD since they became stockists.?

Last edited by a moderator:

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Ctd have always been distributors of tiles and adhesives. Topps even used to by from them.

Id assume the rates from Ctd as a retailer would be the same if you bought from weber directly if you're only buying one shops worth of gear.

Ctd have the supply chain already setup for small pallets of stuff whereas weber probably only cart whole truck loads around.

D

DHTiling

Ctd have always been distributors of tiles and adhesives. Topps even used to by from them.

Id assume the rates from Ctd as a retailer would be the same if you bought from weber directly if you're only buying one shops worth of gear.

Ctd have the supply chain already setup for small pallets of stuff whereas weber probably only cart whole truck loads around.

Not at all no... but any retailer should be able to buy direct and not be pointed towards a stockist :lol: ... but CTD prices are very good on weber but more choice of stockists would be even better. :)

afright

TF
Reaction score
What I do like about using CTD is one phone call and its delivered to the job even if I am not there but make arrangement with the customer,theres not many stockist in my area that will do that.yes but do agree on more stockist for Weber,you can get it from Jewsons but have to order at a higher price and they are the same company,For any tiler who has not used Weber try it you wont be disappointed.

Last edited:

Reply to Tile Adhesive Poll 2012 - best tile adhesive for floor and walls in the Tile Retail | Wholesale | Import / Export Tile area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawz84
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks