Discuss Tile Adhesive Poll 2012 - best tile adhesive for floor and walls in the Tile Retail | Wholesale | Import / Export Tile area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Dan any chance when you post the results of showing the 3 previous years to compare how the market share is from year to year ? it would be interesting cheers Gary

See the original first post neale did and you can see polls right back to 2007 mate.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Dan any chance when you post the results of showing the 3 previous years to compare how the market share is from year to year ? it would be interesting cheers Gary
Got you the links now I'm on a computer mate.

2011 can be found Here 2010 can be found HERE .....2009 can be found HERE ..... 2008 can be found HERE and mid-2006 to the end of 2007 can be found HERE.

You can see BAL had a strong holding back in the day, as expected. And slowly Mapei and other brands such as Weber and even some of the others have managed to get more votes (whether that reflects actual market share is another thing mind).

Weber doing really well this year really, and the loyalty scheme is always being mentioned on here, so I think that'll pay off in next years Poll. They're serious about web presence and offline marketing. They've got new younger staff in to manage it. And it'll take a bit of time to get out to the tilers but it's going well.

Clearly BAL had a bash of TilerWorld, that competition thing speedy tiler was it called? - but it doesn't seem to have paid off the same as webers different approach which seems to be more store-based, then letting word of mouth do the work.

Price was always an issue with BAL but back in the day there weren't many other trusted options for the UK. They had it easy IMO for years. Their training centre paid off back in the day BIGtime and Larsen and others tried it eventually and it didn't work so well.

BAL are doing very well this year though compared to last and the year before that even. At least TilersForums Poll wise, we have to not get too ahead of ourselves. But the people voting on the polls we know of, and know quite well too in most cases, so it does reflect some of the market perhaps. At least the % of tilers that also use computers and forums. So perhaps a similar percentage in the real world would apply.

Anyway, links are there mate for you to study and make your own mind up.

I'll check the database near the end of the poll to see which of the firms has had the most false votes (from members who have never used the forum before but all of a sudden want to vote about their adhesive brand they used) and will deduct those from the official figure I'll publish and hopefully get in some trade, general construction industry, and DIY magazines.

T

Time's Ran Out

In statistical terms a truly unbiased poll would have the choices in alphabetical order.
Although some may say this is a random selection of order.
The result should be the same.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
In statistical terms a truly unbiased poll would have the choices in alphabetical order.
Although some may say this is a random selection of order.
The result should be the same.

Statistically only the top one should have more votes due to it being the top one. It doesn't work as in the 2nd one down would have the 2nd lead votes. And that fact has a name but I forget what it's called right now.

The way we've done it is put the ones we expect to see top near the top (to save scrolling down a lot) and then as we've added some before now, and those go on the end at the bottom, we've not bothered with alphabetical, as we couldn't then add to the poll.

S

sean12

Was mapei all the way, had a few problems on a very large contract, felt very let down by tech back up, or lack of it, still no positive answers, have now switched to Kerakoll, products very good does what it says on tin type thing, i like Tilemaster, just worries me they could be to cheap, still can't knock Ardex, Bal just to expensive

Q

Qwerty

Was mapei all the way, had a few problems on a very large contract, felt very let down by tech back up, or lack of it, still no positive answers, have now switched to Kerakoll

This surprises me..... Mapei have some of the most advanced products on the market and the tech back up is second to none. I have been in Mapei tech dept at their HQ in Halesowen when a tiler phoned up with a complex scenario. They really couldn't do enough to help him out!

Reply to Tile Adhesive Poll 2012 - best tile adhesive for floor and walls in the Tile Retail | Wholesale | Import / Export Tile area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Northern Tiler
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks