Discuss this is sooooo bad !!!!! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

davy_G

the ensuite was 17 yds and he charged 450 quid for doing it.i charged less for doing his ground floor!it also took him a week to tile that mess.

Thats a fair old rate for 17 sq yards!! Should have done it in two days and done it properly. The fact he took soooo long suggests he wasnt a tiler

S

smurf21

Personally i like it..............The more jobs done like this by amature tilers the better in my opinion and every job we come across done in this condition should be shown on the public forums so that the general public can see what happens when they dont get a pro to do the work.....Its all power to the cause and dont feel sorry for anyone who gets amatures to do there work then winges afterwards. .....However if this guy was told by the tiler he was a pro and the price reflects that then he should not have paid him till he was satisfied with the finished product....might sound harsh but i have no sympathy for these people that just give work to any tom dick and harry and pay for it then moan about the poor finish.... they should grow a pair and withold payment till they are satisfied......imo:thumbsdown:

Its tilers like this that give us all a bad name and customers that pay them spread the word.

Last edited by a moderator:
H

hillhead

Personally i like it..............The more jobs done like this by amature tilers the better in my opinion and every job we come across done in this condition should be shown on the public forums so that the general public can see what happens when they dont get a pro to do the work.....Its all power to the cause and dont feel sorry for anyone who gets amatures to do there work then winges afterwards. .....However if this guy was told by the tiler he was a pro and the price reflects that then he should not have paid him till he was satisfied with the finished product....might sound harsh but i have no sympathy for these people that just give work to any tom dick and harry and pay for it then moan about the poor finish.... they should grow a pair and withold payment till they are satisfied......imo:thumbsdown:

Its tilers like this that give us all a bad name and customers that pay them spread the word.
great reply smurf.your spot on there mate.

L

LM Ceramics

just a full on poor finish grout haze everywhere lipps on tiles no siliconing around the tray it lacks attention to detail

great post smurf i agree 100% these people need to be put to shame

H

hillhead

the cowboy who done this i dont know.he was related to the customers wife to be 4 wks after the botch up.i never got a name off him.i wonder why? Lol.at least i left him happy with his ground floor after his tiles coming up.a few bags of slc then nicely layed polished porcelain bricked.

D

diamondtiling

whats up with it? bit of silicone here and there, clean up the grout and a bit of a polish and you will never see it, looks fine and dandy to me.....................and i've only had 8 cans of special brew............hic

:lol::lol:

T

tileexperts

oh my lord, thats bad??, if that was me and i was told to clean it up, no way, i would not touch it, and if it was my house that cowboy did, i would not pay him. how do these boys get these jobs, 450 pounds is good money and you would expect to get good results. i dont no?! i give up!!!!!!!!!!!!:yikes:

U

user123

:yikes: Wow....how could he take the money? I mean how on earth could he make such a mess and then take the money?? Sad...don't get the guys mindset at all...it's like taking money for vandalising someone's property..mad...

H

hillhead

i wasn't getting paid for ensuite so i didn't do too much believe me.i told him it was beyond a joke.

beanz

TF
Reaction score
Re: Hall of shame....

under the ply was 12mm ply layed straight onto the joists...the 12mm was original and should have never been tiled on ffs...

Is there nothing that could be done to make it ready for tiling? Maybe take up the 12mm, and replace with 18mm? Don't hate me, i'm just curious, as i wouldn't know what to suggest to a customer in this situation.. :oops:

D

DHTiling

The whole suite was on top of the 12mm.....so it meant pulling it all out...and the lady of the house was devo'd at not having the floor retiled...so to have the whol room pulled out it would have been to much...

I know the guy who did this as well....he is a total P head..always tanked up...

Really annoys me when i have to see the customer get so upset when you uncover what a cowboy has done..:incazzato:

beanz

TF
Reaction score
But would replacing the ply with 18mm have done the job? I see what you're saying about the customer not wanting the suite ripped out, and that's fair enough, just trying to figure out what the options would be in a similar situation (or if a floor level is gonna be too high with 12mm on top of floor boards). :thumbsup:

Reply to this is sooooo bad !!!!! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

Replies you've not seen

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bob Marley