Discuss this is sooooo bad !!!!! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

H

hillhead

This will shock you all like it shocked me !! The customer had his ground floor tiled and ensuite by this clown ! i retiled his ground floor 1 week after this cowboy did it first. A nice expense for any person!! anyway the customer didn't want me to retile the ensuite,just clean a bit of the grout off maybe,anyway this is a few close up pics of it.

Attachments

• New Image8.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 320
  • New Image7.jpg
    120.3 KB · Views: 328
  • New Image5.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 304
  • New Image6.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 303
  • New Image4.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 303
F

Fred

Thats so shocking. Tiles with lips, grout not cleaned off, tiles cut short and grout pushed in to make it look good!

Some times I'm at a job with porcelian tiles and wash them 3 or 4 times before they look the business. Its all about pride.

H

hillhead

I couldn't believe it!! he just wanted me to try to clean off some grout in there,his ground floor was a mess too,grout stuck everywhere,lips like nothing normal and staggered joints everywhere, i re done it and brick bonded the 600x300 as he had laid them in straight lines ! i felt sorry for this guy and went easy on him on price.

D

DHTiling

Re: Hall of shame....

I was asked to go look at a floor that was tiled about 18 months...He said the grout keeps cracking in the joints...

Well i had a look and the tiles were all loose...so i said it needs re-tiling ..possibly wrong prep on floor...OK all priced and ready to go...

Turned up to the job and started to remove the tiles....:yikes:

They dot and dabbed onto 6mm ply...:mad2: and under the ply was 12mm ply layed straight onto the joists...the 12mm was original and should have never been tiled on ffs...

Attachments

• DSC00057.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 137
  • DSC00056.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 153
D

DHTiling

Re: Hall of shame....

So i advised that they do not tile the floor and they have gone for kardean in stead....but whilst there i had a look at his wall tiling....:oops:

And i know who this guy is who tiled it...:incazzato:and i had to tell the customer that the floor should never of been tiled and the walls were dot and dabbed as well...this i found out after a tile fell off as i was removing the floor tiles...

Attachments

• DSC00061.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 97
  • DSC00060.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 97
  • DSC00059.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 99
  • DSC00063.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 107
  • DSC00062.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 125
  • DSC00067.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 132
  • DSC00064.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 92
  • DSC00065.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 96
  • DSC00066.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 107
D

davy_G

Oh dear Joe, what a mess. What did the clown charge?? There are some right disasters out there. Think alot more builders are trying to tile now.:yikes:

H

hillhead

Oh dear Joe, what a mess. What did the clown charge?? There are some right disasters out there. Think alot more builders are trying to tile now.:yikes:
the ensuite was 17 yds and he charged 450 quid for doing it.i charged less for doing his ground floor!it also took him a week to tile that mess.

P

Prem Tiler

I too have noticed this. guys who I know personally didn't tile 2 years ago and now taking on jobs and doing the tiling themselves regardless of the out come. I've seen the out come 1st hand.

I cant belive the customer paid this numpty.

Reply to this is sooooo bad !!!!! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

Replies you've not seen

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Teejay