Search the forum,

Discuss The Testing Thread - Testing Tiling Tools and Procedures in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

P

Protilers

Ello' all......

me and a few pals have decided that we are going to use and abuse several products that tilers will use everyday!!.....the first one was tile adhesives....and if you have not seen it then check out:

http://www.tilersforums.com/tile-adhesive-grout-substrate-preparation/60617-little-vid.html

but the next in the series is INEXPENSIVE DRILL BITS.......

the stuff I use a around £100 a bit in most instances......and so is the stuff Ray and Gary uses......so we all wondered......are we getting our money's worth?.....they may drill 100's and 100's of holes....but there is an investment involved!

so as of today, I have managed to convince Vitrex, Plasplugs and Forte to supply us 32mm (or there nearest equvilent) drillbits for us to test out!!!!!! yippeee......are there any more contenders to be added to the list?

I will have all the bits by the end of the week........VIDEO INCOMING!!!!!!!!!!

hehehhehehehehhheehe

best wishes

Lee

Last edited by a moderator:
P

Protilers

The drill test is coming up......got all the big batters participating........unfortunatly Gary.....365 drills has declined to participate (so we will buy one!)....so we have (so far)

1. Vitrex.....(the bit the sent me looks far more serious than I wanted TBH)
2. Bright Ideas
3. Forte (also the bit provided looks too serious!)
4. Tileasy (have not seen it yet!)

there are a couple more on the way.....and that will be the lot.....cant be drilling holes all night!!!!

best wishes

Lee

P

Protilers

Oh and 365 drills is Richard :thumbsup:

Hello Siramic...Richard DECLINED to participate.....FULLSTOP........and therfore we will purchase a drill bit and continue on.......

as for the test we will use random battery drills...(just as the general public would!).........and will will all drill at once.....each given a bit at random..........

all will be water cooled and we will look for quickest hole as well as how many holes.....then cost per hole.........hope this is clear!........

best wishes

Lee

P

Protilers

recieved this today:

IMG_1356.jpg

Tileasy are a contender!!!!!!....... this is shaping up nicely!!!!......

I cant believe the fact that even tho' these are inexpensive drill bits......They all believe they have the best one!!!!!!

best wishes

Lee

P

Protilers

Right we have all the contenders we need.......no more drill bits please........

as of today we have aquired a final contender...it is an Ebay special...........

so we will be testing.....

1.vitrex.
2.Bright ideas
3.tileasy
4.365 drills
5. Unknown ebay special

and thats it.......I dont want to be drilling holes for weeks on end!!!!!......I think this test will take a while to complete!!!!!!!!!

best wishes

Lee

Andy Tiler

TF
Arms
manchester
the test on the drills is now set for thursday afternoon we will also stick the decouplers at the same time and come back a week later to stress test them and then do how many litres againt kg and coverage on sticky. so send them bags in as always you are all invited

Hope all goes well! Post me the leftovers of pizza ray..... Lol

Reply to The Testing Thread - Testing Tiling Tools and Procedures in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Make sure to mark a post as a solution for better transparency.

There are similar tiling threads here

• Suggestion
Post a New Thread for Each Tiling Job Completed. Rather than using the Show us Your Work Thread - which has more than 500,000 views, and thousands of posts to scroll through - we thought it would...
Replies
Views
Morning All! I thought it was about time to start a new Good Morning Thread. The old thread can be found HERE but is quite long so not as easy to find specific posts. So tell us what you are up...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Morning all. Dan asked me to post up a thread about our training centre which he can then use for feedback. We have been established in Newport, South Wales (just across the bridge from Bristol)...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you have shower leakage that goes downstairs leading to either your main floor or basement? Read this blog...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.