Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss The Testing Thread - Testing Tiling Tools and Procedures in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

P

Protilers

The drill test is coming up......got all the big batters participating........unfortunatly Gary.....365 drills has declined to participate (so we will buy one!)....so we have (so far)

1. Vitrex.....(the bit the sent me looks far more serious than I wanted TBH)
2. Bright Ideas
3. Forte (also the bit provided looks too serious!)
4. Tileasy (have not seen it yet!)

there are a couple more on the way.....and that will be the lot.....cant be drilling holes all night!!!!

best wishes

Lee

G

Gazzer

Any thoughts on how the test will take place. I would have thought a bench drill with a certain weight on the arm and the motor set at the same speed. It could be too easy to apply more pressure or speed with a hand drill ?? What you think ?

P

Protilers

Oh and 365 drills is Richard :thumbsup:

Hello Siramic...Richard DECLINED to participate.....FULLSTOP........and therfore we will purchase a drill bit and continue on.......

as for the test we will use random battery drills...(just as the general public would!).........and will will all drill at once.....each given a bit at random..........

all will be water cooled and we will look for quickest hole as well as how many holes.....then cost per hole.........hope this is clear!........

best wishes

Lee

P

Protilers

oh and I ment Gary the tiler....he is the only reason I post on this forum.....its all for him!!!

P

Protilers

recieved this today:

IMG_1356.jpg

Tileasy are a contender!!!!!!....... this is shaping up nicely!!!!......

I cant believe the fact that even tho' these are inexpensive drill bits......They all believe they have the best one!!!!!!

best wishes

Lee

P

Protilers

Ohhhh.....sorry Dean.....I forgot you..................Sorry....
but here is the thing..........

do you fancy a day out for the drilling test!!!!.......you know you are a major member of the team......after all....you started it!!.......

T

The D

Ohhhh.....sorry Dean.....I forgot you..................Sorry....
but here is the thing..........

do you fancy a day out for the drilling test!!!!.......you know you are a major member of the team......after all....you started it!!.......
im up for it let me know when you are doing it i will do my best

R

Rizzle from the Portizzle

im up for it let me know when you are doing it i will do my best
hope we have time before we start to stick the three decoulpers and bal flex:8:they need time to set before we can pull them apart

P

Protilers

Right we have all the contenders we need.......no more drill bits please........

as of today we have aquired a final contender...it is an Ebay special...........

so we will be testing.....

1.vitrex.
2.Bright ideas
3.tileasy
4.365 drills
5. Unknown ebay special

and thats it.......I dont want to be drilling holes for weeks on end!!!!!......I think this test will take a while to complete!!!!!!!!!

best wishes

Lee

Reply to The Testing Thread - Testing Tiling Tools and Procedures in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Apatel
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks