Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss So How Was Your Day? in the General Off-topic Chat (nothing tile) area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Still tiling though (im no snowflake ;))
Even on a Friday !....:(

IMG_20190322_143026.jpg

Boggs

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Painful!
After the rain finally stopped I managed to make a start on these.

D2A1B4EB-4C21-4D76-B4A0-8E0EEF5F7215.jpeg

Only managed this much after 3.5 hours, although I am mixing by hand.

Massive respect for all you stone/large format chaps that do this kind of lifting day in day out.

More tomorrow, if I can get out of bed.:(

Boggs

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
100mm MOT, 5/1 sharp sand/cement mix at around 30mm, I’m too tight to buy the calibrated stone, slabs primed with Tilemaster Prime Grip.

Boggs

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Not in the mortar mix itself, priming each piece with prime plus grip.

Boggs

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I always do. It's like adding polymer to tile adhesive I'm told.
Basic but helps with water, frost, bond, bit of flexibility...

Cool, thanks for the advice.
Would you do the same with pointing mix?
Can’t stand that brush in stuff.

O

One Day

Cool, thanks for the advice.
Would you do the same with pointing mix?
Can’t stand that brush in stuff.

I have done, but beware that it can change shade and colour of your mix so dose accurately and it tends to make it go off much faster and risk staining, so if you do, work cleanly.
Maybe go 3:1 for pointing?
(I'm no expert at external work)

D

Dumbo

I don’t know if @Andystiletiling has mentioned it but we are over halfway through a 77 room hotel, brand new.
Quite enjoying it really , bit repetitive, but a lot of singing and dancing mskes the days move quicker.
Earning good money , we put invoice in and gets paid in hours , best bit is i can see it from my house ;)
77 room hotel paid in hours and some jumped up builder doing a small extension wants to pay end of month 30 day invoice

J

J Sid

I don’t know if @Andystiletiling has mentioned it but we are over halfway through a 77 room hotel, brand new.
Quite enjoying it really , bit repetitive, but a lot of singing and dancing mskes the days move quicker.
Earning good money , we put invoice in and gets paid in hours , best bit is i can see it from my house ;)
funny enough Craig, Andy has mentioned it. It appears his doing all the work, your taking the cream and having a few holidays. Good work if you can get away with it :p :tshirt:

Reply to So How Was Your Day? in the General Off-topic Chat (nothing tile) area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Apatel
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks