Discuss Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (Urgrent) in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
Hi all,

I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is 4.5m x 1.8m.

The top third of the room is totally level. The remainder of the room has a slope, left to right with a max difference of 7mm in an isolated area and 5mm for average. (1mm-7mm left to right). This area of the floor is flat, bar 2 high spots of 1-2mm (not level, if that makes sense). There are no dips / hollows.

Around the entrance, there is an area that extends 200mm from door which is 5mm lower than the rest of the room. There was a sneaky wee hole which I'd missed before pouring and its sucked some the SLC down, despite me trying to plug it.

I should say that I have only tomorrow to complete this and get the tiles down, all day, but only one day to tile and grout. These are the options I've thought of. Please feel free to shoot them down.

1. Grind down the left side, lay more SLC at the entrance. (I do have a grinding disc which was used on the original concrete)
2. Grind down the left, make up the difference at the entrance with tile adhesive. I've got Rapid Flex Fibre plus which can be laid unto 12mm in isolated areas.
3. Take the slope on the chin and make ups the low area at the entrance with adhesive.
4. Get to CTD first thing, grab 2 bags of NA and attempt to feather in the floor to match the high spots...risky if the feathering in doesn't work and I end up creating ridges etc.
5. Use a decoupling matt in areas that are low? No idea how daft this may be and whether it would be stupid to lay matting on only a portion of the floor

I'd really appreciate if anyone could lend me some advice as to what you guys would do with such limited time? Disappointed as it appears I just wasn't confident enough spreading the compound around ,thinking it would 'self level'.

Worth noting the tiles are 200x200 porcelain.

Look forward to you responses ,pretty please!

Best regards

A rubbish tiler.

Last edited:

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
SLC lowest bit. Use a house brick and slide it up and down the high bit (wear a dust mask) then hoover / brush out and Tile starting at high end then back skim the tiles where more adhesive is needed.

Aim to make the floor flat and slightly out of level for the sake of time and small area.

Wait for @Dave and @Canttilefortoffee and perhaps @kevh171083 to chip in too matey.

Good luck matey!

Reaction score
Thanks Dan.

I poured some form Arditex NA and its now level.
Tech support said I don't need to prime over NA when applying Topps BAL Rapid Fibre Flex Plus. What do you guys think?

Reply to Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (Urgrent) in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Apatel
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks