Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss So How Was Your Day? in the General Off-topic Chat (nothing tile) area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I really need to sort my van out. !!
IMG_20191001_152819.jpg

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Just got back from sealing some slate in a log burner I tiled yesterday. Was meant to tile it Wednesday but when I turned up all 3 reveals were painted bananas so had to chop it all back to brick and clad :mad:

IMG_0507.JPG

IMG_0513.JPG

aytiling

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Not the best of days last week. Started a commercial job 2 weeks ago, at least 6 months work doing bathrooms in a block of flats.
Got called into a room by the site agent to look at some snagging, was shown a revel that he said didn’t line up with the main wall, the joint was less than a mm difference, I couldn’t even see it.
I said “that’s taking the **** but hey I’ll do it again”
next thing I get a visit from our contracts manager telling me I’ve been chucked off the job. So now I’m out of work.

Brian the Tile

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Not the best of days last week. Started a commercial job 2 weeks ago, at least 6 months work doing bathrooms in a block of flats.
Got called into a room by the site agent to look at some snagging, was shown a revel that he said didn’t line up with the main wall, the joint was less than a mm difference, I couldn’t even see it.
I said “that’s taking the **** but hey I’ll do it again”
next thing I get a visit from our contracts manager telling me I’ve been chucked off the job. So now I’m out of work.
Looks like somebody had it in for you

D

Dumbo

I had that once someone picking fault with my work, but it wasn't finished as I couldn't finish it because the builder wasnt ready, I think someone had ulterior motives

Last edited by a moderator:

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I've had hell of a day too...
working in a dry house, not been offered one cup of tea all day....!
she even asked if I could replace a broken tile in her conservatory ( not done by me)...

yeh, sure £40 an hour.... :cool:
plus materials....:)

Boggs

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
There should be a “dry house” national register so we can all charge more when we work there.

CJ

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Was promised that these karen dean planks would be lifted. Hate Monday’s. 😡

Attachments

• 232FC09B-8C4E-4B34-AEC5-880CFD5BCD0D.jpeg
    73.5 KB · Views: 19

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
day 2 .....still no tea in sight..!

even my dry coughing is falling on deaf ears...

I may have to resort to asking her what that thing is called you put a golf ball on before hitting it....

tee...?

yes please....2 sugars.... :p

I

Italy

it took 50 years to understand that a light was needed in the head to see better

Attachments

• P_20200128_132239.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 14
  • P_20200128_132306.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 22

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
finished job........still no tea, it was only a kitchen splashback, but told her she can't use her kitchen for 2 days till the tiles dry... :)

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
My day has been

A752D736-1AAD-4211-B3B4-69DEAE72EFB2.jpeg

....fiddly!

Reply to So How Was Your Day? in the General Off-topic Chat (nothing tile) area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Apatel
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks