Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss So How Was Your Day? in the General Off-topic Chat (nothing tile) area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Geoff I hope your not going to become one of those annoying cyclist that hog the road, and don't know what a red light looks like..:rolleyes:

G

GoneGuy

Managed to have a few hours family time to take my boy to emergency services family day

F6173DAD-488B-4E11-BCB7-5434EDA2C648.jpeg

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
The guard off my trusty Plasplugs master tiler snapped off this morning. Been using it on ceramics and I've just got home and I look like a cross between David Dickinson and a bloody Umpalumpa! Popped into Tesco on way home too - the shame!

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
The guard off my trusty Plasplugs master tiler snapped off this morning. Been using it on ceramics and I've just got home and I look like a cross between David Dickinson and a bloody Umpalumpa! Popped into Tesco on way home too - the shame!
Broke mine a while, you can buy spares on line...

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
It's the metal bracket that's snapped. And it looks like it attaches under the table on the sealed side :( Not had a proper look at it yet though.

O

Old Mod

It's the metal bracket that's snapped. And it looks like it attaches under the table on the sealed side :( Not had a proper look at it yet though.
Man of your talents Nick, pop in to a diy and pick up a bracket for couple quid.

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Yeah just had a look at it - 2.5mm allen screws. Got 2mm and 3mm :rolleyes:
Looking at the state of the hex screws I can't see them budging without rounding off. Will have a play at the weekend - in the mean time I've just thinned the snapped bracket on a bench grinder and wedged it in the gap with some mega strength glue :D Might manage to cut at least one tile before I turn into Dale Winton tomorrow

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Ooh - no disrespect - forgot he's just died!!

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Or do I get a shiney new table saw?
My trusty Plasplugs is well passed its best and doesn't owe me anything.
Can you still get them? (sure plasplugs went under didn't they?)
If not can anyone recommend a good like for like replacement?

Reply to So How Was Your Day? in the General Off-topic Chat (nothing tile) area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Apatel
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks