Discuss So How Was Your Day? in the General Off-topic Chat (nothing tile) area at TilersForums.com.

D

Dumbo

Now get me down as some sort of hippy holistic nut case but you could do a lot worse than find yourself a really good pilates instructor. You really want somebody who will only teach individuals or small groups if they do large classes at all i wouldnt entertain them as there is a need to do it technically correctly and you need someone watching you to make sure this happens .

T

Tile Shop

I'll take that on board. Thank you. Got a gym just across from work so will pop in and make an enquiry :)

Would that mean I'd have to wear fluorescent spandex????

D

Dumbo

I'll take that on board. Thank you. Got a gym just across from work so will pop in and make an enquiry :)

Would that mean I'd have to wear fluorescent spandex????
To be honest they like you to wear something fairly tight so they can see you move properley . Probably wouldnt try a gym i would look for one of holistic hippy nutcase places as you are more likely to get someone teaching small classes or individuals . You may have a pilates / yoga studio locally . Also you get some physio's say they have been and done a course , wouldnt touch them as a proper pilates instructor trains for a long time not just a weekend or two . Maybe search the pilates foundation website .

Q

Qwerty

To ignore long term sciatica pain is madness. It can lead to long term nerve damage and also spinal cord damage. I got to this point and they operated and thank God they did. I have been doing intensive core excercises (pilates) for over 9 months now and yes it helps, but if you have a prolapsed disc past the point of repair then surgery is the only way.

T

Tile Shop

It started when I was 18 and has gradually got worse. But luckily for me, only recall having sciatica once. The biggest problem is the stiffness and locking up. But as much as the spine is at fault, the muscles compensating don't help, so the core strength may solve half the problem but will see if I can be more persistent at my next appointment, about the surgery for the other 50%.

To be honest @Plan Tec Tiling , been following your issues and yours actually sounds more severe. Yet you're still working which gives me reason to be a little more hopeful. Hats off to ya. I just can't risk quitting a full time job and running into further problems a month or so into a new venture.

O

On one

To be honest they like you to wear something fairly tight so they can see you move properley . Probably wouldnt try a gym i would look for one of holistic hippy nutcase places as you are more likely to get someone teaching small classes or individuals . You may have a pilates / yoga studio locally . Also you get some physio's say they have been and done a course , wouldnt touch them as a proper pilates instructor trains for a long time not just a weekend or two . Maybe search the pilates foundation website .
There are yoga classes in the local village hall,only 50 yds away from our house........I'm too scared to show my face.......don't want to be shown up to be a stiffy by some 7o odd pensioner!

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I'm going to take up cycling...

IMG_20180531_170521.png

U

Unused Account 1

The amount of jobs i go to ,just not prepped right cutting corners and trying to complete to quick

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Well I'm working with some sh*tty Johnson white gloss atm so quit your whining :p

Reply to So How Was Your Day? in the General Off-topic Chat (nothing tile) area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

Replies you've not seen

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Teejay