Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss So How Was Your Day? in the General Off-topic Chat (nothing tile) area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

L

LM

I got the same, a master tiler, had it years, it's a handy little cutter for tiles in bathrooms, with decent dust sheeting you can just sit it on the landing, saves going up and down the stairs all day.
Water & Chemical Drip Tray 715 x 715 x 120mm PTT G172B | Buy Wet Saws Online from Pro Tiler Tools - https://www.*******************/product/water---chemical-drip-tray-715-x-715-x-120mm-ptt-g172b

I

Italy

20180605_064150.jpg

L

LM

1E3043CA-1945-4C5D-9CCD-C98651B25698.jpeg 2A3BA4B9-A0FC-49B1-B601-4E0B3C4A08ED.jpeg D1766D19-0FA1-42D7-BD84-5C9DC962AC48.jpeg
I shall buy whatever you recommend at the weekend Lee!!
So here are a few pics of the two side by side and a short video of how the cut an 8mm porc tile.
Both the standard blades are ok for hidden cuts with the Briccolina being better. The two machines imo are better suited to different situations. The small compact size of the Briccloina is better if space is tight or for smaller tiles like metros etc. The Vitrex however is obviously a far bigger machine and it also has a much stronger motor which make it better for larger formats like 300x600’s etc and is small enough to fit beside you whilst tiling a standard bathroom upstairs where space is scarce. I’m glad I have both machines. For anything from kitchen splash backs, small format tiles or where space is a premium I’d take out the Briccolina, but if there’s a bit more room or slightly larger formats then the Vitrex would be better. Both could do with a blade upgrade rather than the standard ones supplied imo. For a cheap wet saw were you don’t need the power,precision or grunt of a Sigma 10M etc then you can’t go wrong with either.

Last edited by a moderator:

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Appreciate the feedback. I think the vitrex will suit me best as I’m after a like for like replacement. But may also go for the little bric in time as I can see the appeal of having them both.

O

Old Mod

Couldnt be bothered to start a new thread but have you lost a hilti tool as sheffield police have some tools one which being a hilti box with andy written on it .

In future Jerry something like this you could just stick in how was your day. Not technically correct obviously, but I’m sure it’d do mate.

Oh by the way, I wasn’t ranting earlier, I was a little distracted at the time, so if it felt that way I apologise. (Someone asked if I was ranting :D)

Anyway back on topic eh. :)

And I’ve moved post too haha

D

Dumbo

In future Jerry something like this you could just stick in how was your day. Not technically correct obviously, but I’m sure it’d do mate.

Oh by the way, I wasn’t ranting earlier, I was a little distracted at the time, so if it felt that way I apologise. (Someone asked if I was ranting :D)

Anyway back on topic eh. :)

And I’ve moved post too haha
No worries

Reply to So How Was Your Day? in the General Off-topic Chat (nothing tile) area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Apatel
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks